I'll bet someone has already suggested this...

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tom Servo
Peasant Status

I'll bet someone has already suggested this...

#1 Post by Tom Servo » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:47 am

So I'm playing through the Quest for Glory series again, and I have just completed Wages of War as a Thief for the first time.

... that was irritating.

The only thing MORE irritating than no thiefy stuff to do in Tarna is the fact that Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness is full of bugs. I adore this installment, and the OST I downloaded from Quest Studios makes me feel like it's 11 years ago. However, it keeps crashing. Everywhere. The caves, in town, the Thieves' Guild... it's crazy go nuts, man.

So what I'm wondering is, is there currently a plan by anyone, be it the AGDs or anyone else, to remake QFG4 into a bug-free version? Perhaps with, oh I dunno, one or two more places to rob in the game for poor neglected thieves?

I'm probably asking too much on that last bit, but seriously. SoD was an awesome game, in my opinion. It doesn't deserve to be remembered as Quest for Error 51.

Jafar
Super Star

#2 Post by Jafar » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:51 am

No, it won't be remade. And what is this Error 51 you speak of? And the crashing? I think I remember a error that began with a 5, but thanks to DosBox, its now just a distant memory.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:53 am

First of all, here is a site with patches that may end up fixing some of the problems with QFG4. There's no way anybody's going to remake QFG4 just to fix some bugs. Given the complexity of the QFG-games, the massive amount of work would just not be worth it.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:10 am

You should visit the IA site. :) Sounds to me you would appreciate their QFI game which will probably be released in the next month.

(j/k about the next month. :D )
Last edited by Gronagor on Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:07 pm

Heheh. I wish it was released next month! I wanna play the sucker!!!!!!

As for QFG4, I just bought it again on CD..... and I used those patch fixes...... the game played beautifully. Those new patches make all the problems a thing of the past, hence, no reason to remake it in AGS.

I also love how people think remaking a game in AGS is a simple task!

Bt

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#6 Post by Senor Matt » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:00 am

Oh Bt, you know you could finish those games with just a few simple keystrokes if you really wanted to. You're just being lazy! :p So get off your pasty white behind and finish that game so we can all play it already!! ;)

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#7 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:40 am

Ohhh, hey, umm, black thornie guy. you jUST bOUT iT oN cD. cAN u pretty please please send it to me. please tell me where I cAN finds it, precious. tHAT t'would be L##T, i mena L33T of courz. awesomeness to the MAX DUDE. ThEN WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND FINALLY fINISH mY gAME mORDAVIAN kNIGHTS!!!! Thats WOULD BE XTRM 2 DA MAX for sheelio.

HAH!

Ughh, I can't beleive I actually self-tortured myself to write that out. I need a beer or 7 after that. Bye kids.

etherlad
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by etherlad » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:50 am

Hey, I've noticed Windows needs a lot of patches and security updates... I think someone should re-write Windows in their spare time. :lol

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#9 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:06 am

Yea and AGS remake of Windows would be cool!

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#10 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:51 pm

A 3d version wouldn't be too bad either, now that I mention it.