Thanks. Your games have introduced my wife to adventures!!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Snake2715
Peasant Status

Thanks. Your games have introduced my wife to adventures!!

#1 Post by Snake2715 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:44 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in making (remaking)these games. I had played some of the Sierra series games (inc KQ) as I grew up. I have a passion for the "older" adventure games.

My wife however didnt experience the games previously so the few times I showed her some older Kings Quest/QG/Space Quest/Larry etc she wasnt to thrilled at the type of gameplay and graphics.

I then downloaded your games about a year ago and played through them. It motivated me enough to dig up what I had left of old adventures and go on a quest to gather some of the ones I missed. For my collection.

A few weekends ago I was organizing my "computer" room and she was bored. I planned on being in there for a while as it was already 10pm so I asked her to give KQ2 a try........ Well at 5 am she went to bed.

The next morning she finished the game. I did help her a few times but not much. Since then we have completed KQ4, & KQ5 together and she has recently started The Longest Journey.

She has always played games somewhat (Gamecube, PS2,...Sims on PC...) but we get to spend a lot of quality time together playing these games now.

BIG THANKS!!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:24 pm

Cool!

AGDI: Bringing Families Together :lol

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#3 Post by Senor Matt » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:13 am

Wow, I doubt that when the AGD's put in all their time and effort to remake those games that they would have ever thought it would result in strengthening someones marraige!!! :eek

That is too cool. :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:19 am

Well... that's one for the Fan's Quote Book. :)

I can already see the Infomercials. Hehe!

Snake2715, I'm not from AGDI (I'm from Hero6, AncientfrogGames and Destiny), and I must say these kind of messages can motivate anyone working on adventure-game projects. Thanks. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:25 am

I still think the Hero6 team one-upped us on this, since two people who met there (team, not fanbase) actually got married recently.

Snake2715
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Snake2715 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:19 pm

I figured it was a little corny. But hey its true so why not throw it out there to say thanks.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#7 Post by Gronagor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:24 pm

Heh. Good point! :) We introduced two wonderful people to each other!! Maybe there's one on the horizon for the AGDs!?!? :p

No Snake2715. I'm pretty sure they appreciate your post. :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:02 pm

I still think the Hero6 team one-upped us on this, since two people who met there (team, not fanbase) actually got married recently.
True Erpy but how many fan made remake groups can claim to have their very own "Forum Baby" on the way!

I'll have to register an account soon for the little tyke!

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#9 Post by Gronagor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:32 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to talk to some of our members to equal that :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#10 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:37 pm

You do that Gron you do that!

*Copyrights the term "Forum Baby"*

Ha! ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:08 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to talk to some of our members to equal that
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, you may very well return here with a bonk on the head. :)
Maybe there's one on the horizon for the AGDs!?!?
If a "romantic" trip on bike through Africa and an equally cozy climb to Uhuru Peak on Kilimanjaro can't get the job done, I doubt anything else will. :lol

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#12 Post by Gronagor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:14 pm

Erpy wrote: If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, you may very well return here with a bonk on the head. :)
Hmmm... good point. I'll keep it to myself then. :rolleyes

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#13 Post by Senor Matt » Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:06 am

Angelus3K wrote:
True Erpy but how many fan made remake groups can claim to have their very own "Forum Baby" on the way!

I'll have to register an account soon for the little tyke!

Ya know Angelus, you and Vamp may be having a beautiful little baby soon, but it was because of the games that the AGD's made that Snake's marraige is a little stronger, at least I think that was the point he was originally making, I don't think anything that anyone here has done was the cause for you two to concieve.

At least I hope it isn't... :rolleyes