Another remake discussion or game idea..

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Snake2715
Peasant Status

Another remake discussion or game idea..

#1 Post by Snake2715 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:02 pm

Ok,

First I am sure I cant even begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into making or "remaking" and fleshing out a game. Its obviously very tedious and with no financial reward well most fail...

That said I appreciate the work gone into the two released and one upcoming game title.

I figured with everyone else throwing out ideas why not another one.

Most people here have probably played or at least heard of 7th Guest. I dont need to go into what it was etc.

Here is an interesting read on the whole process that eventually lead to the break up of the two founding minds at Trilobyte.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/btg-tri/index.html

My intent of this post is to have some discuss the following possiblity.

Has it ever crossed the minds of AGD to do something with this game. Or the mansion in the game? They could make a proper sequel or make a standard 2D adventure within the same premise and setting?

Heck maybe they could even get the rights to the game. I do know there was work initially on a 3rd installment but it never took off.

Just like to hear peoples response to this suggestion. I am in no way saying I need the game, expect the game. Just a thought due to the quality that comes from AGD.

adeyke

#2 Post by adeyke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:45 pm

AGDI won't be doing anything with that game.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#3 Post by Spikey » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:52 pm

I thought the 11th Hour was an appropriate sequel. Not extremely good, but the anagrams and the puzzles were ok. There is talk of a 3rd installment, still, they are working on a mysterious thing right now called "The Collector", in which someone named Stauf collects important pieces in history or something.

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

7th guest???? 11th hour??? sequal?!

#4 Post by Mordavia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:18 pm

i didnt think Trilobyte still exsisted, let alone make a 3rd game about stauf or the 7th guest.

man i gotta keep up with the times:P

Snake2715
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Snake2715 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:20 pm

Spikey wrote:I thought the 11th Hour was an appropriate sequel. Not extremely good, but the anagrams and the puzzles were ok. There is talk of a 3rd installment, still, they are working on a mysterious thing right now called "The Collector", in which someone named Stauf collects important pieces in history or something.
Spikey....

I have noticed you seem to respect 7th Guest. Who may I aks is working on this? Aftermath Studios? Who?

I would love to find any info on this and see what the scoop is.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#6 Post by Spikey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:43 am

I'm sorry I made you believe Trilobyte is back together, cause they are not. I think only one of them was actually busy working on "The Collector".

However, the project is on hold, cause it now needs a new financer. The page I got this information from is offline at the moment.