When will QFG II Trial by Fire VGA + final be done?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

twiztidbudsmoker
Peasant Status

#201 Post by twiztidbudsmoker » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:57 pm

wow man thats fresh im still gonna be playing qfg games when im 70 and in a wheelchair to. its funny, ive never actually met anyone in the real world who has ever heard of quest for glory, but theres all kinds of folks here

Shalkar
Peasant Status

#202 Post by Shalkar » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 pm

I am just checking to see if there is any progress going on. Please let me know.

:hat

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#203 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:37 pm

Yes, a few more keys were pushed today!  

But then I got sidetracked while drinking a caffeinated beverage and watching some guy shave his cat on youtube.

Shalkar
Peasant Status

#204 Post by Shalkar » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:09 am

Process is a very SLOW process. Guess we'll have to wait until 2010 just like I thought. When I was 20, I didn't realize this was such a difficult task.

If you thought that game was hard why don't you remake The Colonel's Bequest. No wait there are already several remakes of that particular game already being developed.

Anyone doing Police Quest II? That is my all time favorite in the police quest series.

Until next time stay cool.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#205 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:31 am

I think you mean progress instead of process.

Besides, we have a progress update thread posted here where we regularly mention things we're working on at the moment. You should check that one out.

p.s: Anyone REALLY interested in us dropping QFG2 and starting afresh with a new project? :p

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#206 Post by Kurdt » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 am

Progress is process, and for game-making it is loooonnng, especially with this one. Take heart in knowing that once it IS released it will be a brilliant masterpiece of gaming.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#207 Post by Gronagor » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:07 am

Erpy wrote:p.s: Anyone REALLY interested in us dropping QFG2 and starting afresh with a new project? :p
That's a wonderful idea!! Thanks Shalkar!!
Yeah, drop everything with QfG2 and start work on Bequest!! That will make a lot of people VERY happy!  :p

(PS Shalkar, I'm pretty sure Bequest will be a little kitten compared to QfG2!)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#208 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:22 am

You know, that's a GREAT idea!  Drop QFG2 and start on Bequest.  I hear Jodo Kast has a good lead on that one.

Bt

Shalkar
Peasant Status

DROP QG2 You insane :)

#209 Post by Shalkar » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 am

LOL. Comeon now. Lets not be hasty. I've ran my mouth one too many times. Lets finish Quest for Glory II then move onto another project.

Please tell me you just messing with me? I know you guys like hearing from me once in a while or else you wouldn't joke. LOL.

I am really looking foward to this one.

Besides I was really aiming toward Police Quest II. But whatever fan project you guys wanna do next is up to you.

What about Conquest of Camelot or Codename ICEMAN :) GOLDRUSH??? lol What fun....

Stay cool.  :hat

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#210 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:01 am

LOL. Comeon now. Lets not be hasty. I've ran my mouth one too many times. Lets finish Quest for Glory II then move onto another project.

Please tell me you just messing with me? I know you guys like hearing from me once in a while or else you wouldn't joke. LOL.

I am really looking foward to this one.

Besides I was really aiming toward Police Quest II. But whatever fan project you guys wanna do next is up to you.

What about Conquest of Camelot or Codename ICEMAN  GOLDRUSH??? lol What fun....

Stay cool.  
How about... an entirely new COMMERICAL game from Himalaya studioes? ;) A sequal to Al Emmo or an entirely new game... starting a new series.

Come on, if Himalaya studios is going to be the new Sierra then at least two objectives need to be met. 1: They need the time and resources to devote to new adventure games instead of remaking old ones, and 2: They need us to buy their games and support them, both financially and in every other way.

Who's with me on this?

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#211 Post by Kurdt » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:36 am

I am, but can they please finish QFG2 first? I mean, it's about as buggy as QFG4 was right now. That means they're almost done. :p Plus, once it's done, that means AGDI's finally fulfilled the original mission statement. They got together to remake KQ1, do Royal Quest, remake KQ2, and remake QFG2. They remade KQ1, canceled Royal Quest (obviously), and remade KQ2. One more remake and the saga is complete. There's something to be said about that.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#212 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:43 am

Look on the bright side, Kurt. With the exception of Error 52, most of the bugs in QFG 4 are actually forgiveable and just require some minor tweaking (and with DosBox out, that task is a sinch).

Plus it will be out shortly. I know I've been saying this for the past 5 years (and nearly every year around April/March I say 'this summer I know it' :p ) if the game is just in bug bashing phase (or whatever you want to call it that) then why fear it not coming out or losing patience? When was the last time you saw a contruction of a building stop just short of completion or an athlete running an ironman triathalon and just stopping just a few minutes of the finishing line?

It will happen. For me, I can say that I'm proud to have helped out, at least somewhat, for the AGDs in getting the game done faster. According to Erpy, the beta version of SCI studio that I gave (the only one that I know of that can open QFG 2 and see (but not modify) the views, scenes, and texts of the game) took a year of production time. Whether that's true or not, I'm glad I helped.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#213 Post by Kurdt » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:52 pm

I'm just joking around, PL (hence the :p ). Obviously they wouldn't stop work on QFG2 since it's so close to completion. That would be ridiculous of them. We were all just joking about how they should stop QFG2's production now and work on other stuff and so I thought I'd be the counter on that.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#214 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:07 pm

if it's not released today I'm never coming back and you can tell your mom I said so too!

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#215 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:08 pm

*gives QFG fan a lollipop* here, that should sustain you. :p :D

Till next time stay cool :smokin

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#216 Post by Fribbi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:01 pm

You know if there has ben a bigger Sierra fan groups than AGDI who wants to recreate  a old forgotten game by Sierra team maybe you would have a brand new recreated game now but AGDI team is a small fan group who are doing as best they as they can to recreate their games to perfections. So that is why progress from them are very slow.

I always wonder why in the whole world why nobody else are trying to recreate the rest of those Sierra games. Well maybe not much people are that computer genious and brainwashed  to do those works. Well if there was a bigger group now like infamous Adventurers. You would not be waiting so long after next games. With more and bigger fan groups who can remake the rest of those treasures games from Sierra you would not be waiting so long after the next games. But I know making a brand new game even remaking the old games takes a lot of times and energy.

But as you know the AGDI team (the former Santa Claus elfs workers) will never be the owner of Quest for glory 2 and on other remakes. So they are still working on their project for nothing. Well they will gain a lot of new fans but they can't  live for fans only.  They need food and drinks to life on. So they must work on other jobs to gain money so they

...hey where is everybody?

Ah not again! Ok I shall stop this boring comment then.

(Sorry if there is a spelling error there)

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#217 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Fribbi. Check this thread out. ;)

viewtopic.php?t=11481&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You'll find quite a bit. I know I sure did!

Shalkar
Peasant Status

#218 Post by Shalkar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 am

I figured this out. The reason why Quest for Glory II is taking this long is because its not because of the scripting of the game. Making each character play their part but to include but not limited to a nice pretty speech pack. Roughly around 400-600MB of high quality speech. Everyone plays their part. YAY! Oh god please bless me with this. :rollin It would be awesome just like Quest for Glory 4 Shadows of Darkness.  :D

Until next time stay cool folks.  :hat

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#219 Post by Paladinlover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:44 am

Though I'd like to think that, Shalker, but I think that a full voice for QFG 2 would be way, way too much work for the AGDs. :)

Till next time stay cool :cool:

Shalkar
Peasant Status

Speech Pack!

#220 Post by Shalkar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:08 am

Yea yea yea. Comeon Paladinlover you ruin all the fun.   :\ Comeon now there has to be something good comning out of all of this ;)

Until next time stay cool folks.  :hat

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#221 Post by Boogeyman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:48 am

Paladinlover wrote:Though I'd like to think that, Shalker, but I think that a full voice for QFG 2 would be way, way too much work for the AGDs. :)

Till next time stay cool :cool:
Plus it would be VERY wierd if QFG2 had voice, when QFG1 and QFG3 do not.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#222 Post by DonQuixote » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:08 am

Speech for QG2 would be odd, especially considering just how many characters there and the team would have to hunt down voice actors from QG5 ;)

Rakeesh, Erasmus, Fenris, Ugarte, Ferrari, Nawar, Budar...

I was very impressed with Josh Mandel doing work in the KQ1 & 2 remakes though.  If the AGDI team did voice acting for this game, it would be interesting to see who many original voices could be found and how many would be interested in a little work.

Grand Dad
Peasant Status

#223 Post by Grand Dad » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:08 pm

Well yes that's precisly my point. Am an old man, with my time running out! Will it be released in my lifetime? |I  :)

rabadi
Peasant Status

#224 Post by rabadi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:19 am

Grand Dad wrote:Well yes that's precisly my point. Am an old man, with my time running out! Will it be released in my lifetime? |I  :)
OT: Hi, do you happen to be the same Grand Dad from Abandonia forum?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#225 Post by Gronagor » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:36 am

Hmmm... I heard a rumor that AGDi is implementing the new AI-plug from Chris. Characters will decide themselves what to say, how to say it, etc.

Ok... that wasn't very convincing was it?  :lol