London Bomb Blasts

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Skyshark
Knight Status

London Bomb Blasts

#1 Post by Skyshark » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:12 am

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15854272-2,00.html

A few explosions on assorted buses and trains during the morning peak-hour rush. One of my uncles works in London, so I hope he's ok.

Broomie
The Enigma

#2 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:13 am

The question that is all on our minds is, why? Why can London yesterday, be series of happiness, joyeus occasions as everything celebrated on the streets due to the Olympic bid for London in 2012. Yet today, the streets of London have changed from happy, to dismal. It's just a shock, why could anyone have such cruel intentions. Although it hasn't been officially linked to Al Quada yet, it surely is them or another terrorist group sending us a message either of our troops in Iraq... or it's just pure evilness demonstrated.

One thing is for sure, this hasn't been the last of them.

I hope your uncle is okay, as my uncle who also works in London.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#3 Post by Klytos » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:01 pm

Bromios wrote:The question that is all on our minds is, why? Why can London yesterday, be series of happiness, joyeus occasions as everything celebrated on the streets due to the Olympic bid for London in 2012. Yet today, the streets of London have changed from happy, to dismal. It's just a shock, why could anyone have such cruel intentions. Although it hasn't been officially linked to Al Quada yet, it surely is them or another terrorist group sending us a message either of our troops in Iraq... or it's just pure evilness demonstrated.
I don't think I'll see it written better than than Bromios. Damn these fucking terrorists. I've been watching BBC World and CNN for the last two hours and I just sit here in total amazement at the pure evil on display here.

It's important to remember that these bastards won't win.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:42 pm

That's a shame.  But this won't stop anytime soon, sadly.

My thoughts go out to the familys affected by this, and to the people in Great Britain in general.  I know what it's like to live in a place attacked by terrorists. I live in New York State, and I remember the frenzy that occured the morning of September 11th, 2001 - that was just a couple hundred miles away - and many people around me had friends and family in NYC, and the Trade Centers at the time.

Be strong.

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:44 pm

Over 30 people killed so far, aparently 8 or so bombs have gone off so far. I was there yesterday, thank god they didnt explode yester day.  :(

Alliance
Knight Status

#6 Post by Alliance » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:51 pm

ugh, that's terrible!

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Yeah...

#7 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:52 pm

Yeah, and think of all the animals that might have been hurt in the process! :cry

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:19 pm

:cry Well what I can I say after this? I have gained so many British friends here and I really hoped that nobody of them has died.
I know now atleast 37 people from London are already dead now. Let us pray for all Brithish people. They need our prays.

We are all a greater fighter than the terrorist and we will not let this stop us never, ever.

And now are my Danish friend here Rass in danger now . Because it has being told Denmark are next and some other land I can't remember. I just heard that news in radio when I was in bus. I didn't hear it clearly what the other land was.

Terrorist always want us to take them more seriously and they want us to listen to their warnings even more now. >:

9.11 2001 New York
3.11 200?  Madrid
7.7  2005 London

I am sorry about that question mark I putted there but I am not sure any longer about the year. Was it 2002 or 2003? :o

It is very curious to me what day will be next when they make another terrorist bomb in this world. :rolleyes

And because of this day I won't continue to work on my game until tomorrow because of this sad tragedy day. |I

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Madrid was 2004, actually ... i was in France right after that, and it was a time of a lot of tensions and fear ... this really has become a world of fear.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:11 pm

Eeeek! When say it like that, it seems the place we call earth means nothing but war! What idiot thought of war?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Yeah...

#11 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:19 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:Yeah, and think of all the animals that might have been hurt in the process! :cry
I wonder how many animals live in the london subway train? Idiot.

Broomie
The Enigma

#12 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:26 pm

You say it like someone was just sitting there thinking and then said "I've got an idea, let's try this thing called war!"

War is something that has always been on Earth, there has never been a chapter in History where a war hasn't happened, whether it was somewhere in the world, or even street wars.

I thought I'd take the liberty of taking Pidgeot's place as I say...

... Read more at Wikipedia. ;)

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Re: Yeah...

#13 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:41 pm

Alias wrote:
FatherGhostface wrote:Yeah, and think of all the animals that might have been hurt in the process! :cry
I wonder how many animals live in the london subway train? Idiot.

There could have been birds, and maybe they take dogs with them on the bus. Who knows! AND I'M NOT AN IDIOT! (Figures someone at AGDI is mean to me, now I know why The Knight didn't want to come back to AGDI.)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:50 pm

no animals are allowed in the subway. Truly my heart goes out to all those lost. during 9/11 I wasn't sure how to feel about it and my father was away somewhere without knowing about it. 37 may seem small to some but those could be 37 grandfathers, children, mothers, single providing fathers, and people reaching their potential to be the best that they can be. Those are 37 souls whose stories have ended because some morons thought this random violence is a good idea. Well they're fucked in the head!

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:52 pm

Calling me an idiot...of all the nerve....why I outta.....

Heimdall
Peasant Status

Re: .........

#16 Post by Heimdall » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:56 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:Calling me an idiot...of all the nerve....why I outta.....
Be quiet?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#17 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:03 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:Calling me an idiot...of all the nerve....why I outta.....
Why dont you do the same and leave, your being a shit head, 47 people have died so far and you worry about the f***ng bird? And may I ask how on earth is a bird going to go down 3 levels of sealed off stairs, into the subway, even if it did who gives a jack. Do us all a favor and leave, I cant believe the disrespect you have for people. So why not be a normal kid and go play with your friends, oh let me guess you dont have any!!

Broomie
The Enigma

#18 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:09 pm

Well I'm not taking sides but I may aswell mention that guide dogs are allowed on the subway. Yet to be honest, animals are the least of concern for the casualties that occured in London today.
(Figures someone at AGDI is mean to me, now I know why The Knight didn't want to come back to AGDI.)
That isn't why The Knight left, he left because he was busy with his life and school.

Alias, although FG isn't behaving the way he should in such a serious occurance, that was a abit harsh.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by El_Listo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:22 pm

Alias wrote:
Why dont you do the same and leave, your being a shit head, 47 people have died so far and you worry about the f***ng bird? And may I ask how on earth is a bird going to go down 3 levels of sealed off stairs, into the subway, even if it did who gives a jack. Do us all a favor and leave, I cant believe the disrespect you have for people. So why not be a normal kid and go play with your friends, oh let me guess you dont have any!!
Tranquilo Pitbull. Pelao.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#20 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:32 pm

So am the only person who thinks this guy is a total twit?

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by El_Listo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:38 pm

Hey Alias, take a rest.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Fine!

#22 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 pm

Other than the fact that Alias had just completely hurt my feelings when I never anything to him, I could say it was silly for me to think of a bird than the humans. But you wont have to read my terrible posts any more. I am never coming back to AGDI. I will never talk here again. And I ask Bromios to delete my fan art gallery at Fanventures please. I don't want to share my art with any of you. Go on Erpy do what you want to do and delete my username. I'm sure your all very happy, and I suppose it's for the best.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#23 Post by Erpy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:51 pm

Do you think you guys can make an effort to stay on topic? That goes for everyone including Father Ghostface.

That said, I'm with the British government. Shocked, but not surprised. London has its fair share of extremists (even before 9-11) and even though British intelligence probably managed to sniff out quite a few attacks in progress, it was only a matter of time before one managed to slip through the mazes. My condolences to all who fell victim to the blasts.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Fine!

#24 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:53 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:Other than the fact that Alias had just completely hurt my feelings when I never anything to him, I could say it was silly for me to think of a bird than the humans. But you wont have to read my terrible posts any more. I am never coming back to AGDI. I will never talk here again. And I ask Bromios to delete my fan art gallery at Fanventures please. I don't want to share my art with any of you. Go on Erpy do what you want to do and delete my username. I'm sure your all very happy, and I suppose it's for the best.
If only that were a true statement. Cant wait to see you leave, I've got you a farewell present already. A cake filled with crap.  ;)

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by El_Listo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:57 pm

You are both acting like a pair of arses. SHUT UP!