Rant...I'll give you a rant..I want QfG1 >.<

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

OmegaSephiroth
Peasant Status

Rant...I'll give you a rant..I want QfG1 >.<

#1 Post by OmegaSephiroth » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:48 pm

Only because i just spent, the half hour SEARCHING for some means to buy or download the game Quest for Glory, I feel i can rant about it for a short ammount of time. Does ANYONE know a place I can llegaly get this great game. Of course the other question is will it still work with my Windows XP operating system...I remeber a few years back I had a copy that was on the Old Tandy, and installed it but unistalled it due to teh fact that the sounds did not work and I had no music what-so-ever due to the fact that I couldnt get the sounds to come out my speakers rather then the old lil mini speaker. Found a site that i THOUGHT i could get it from, and there was a big "NO GO" Sticker saying the game was protected...How and why would the game still be protected if you cant even buy the bloody thing -cries- I want my classics back dag-gum it! And with AGD remaking part II..it only makes me want part I all the more.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:54 pm

The only place you can get QFG would be online auctions such as Ebay.

The Avatar
Knight Status

Can't get QFG1 to work?

#3 Post by The Avatar » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:02 pm

The old copy you had on your tandy was probably the original game.  That's the only one out there you can buy that I'm aware of, but you should be able to get the sound to work if you use a brilliant program called DOSBOX

just google it and you should be on your way to enjoying QFG1 in all its original splendor!  ;)

OmegaSephiroth
Peasant Status

Re: Can't get QFG1 to work?

#4 Post by OmegaSephiroth » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:07 pm

The Avatar wrote:The old copy you had on your tandy was probably the original game.  That's the only one out there you can buy that I'm aware of, but you should be able to get the sound to work if you use a brilliant program called DOSBOX

just google it and you should be on your way to enjoying QFG1 in all its original splendor!  ;)
Ah, so dos box works with those kinda games eh? well i did dl it from the site i thought i had found the game on but didnt install it, but i do have it so i can use it later... who would have thought it...A game i kinda liked when i was 5 i love now that i am older. Wish i could find my old original copy >.<

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:45 pm

ya, that's usually where you go first.