Book Movie of HP and LOTR

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

daventry
Knight Status

Book Movie of HP and LOTR

#1 Post by daventry » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:30 am

Im looking for a Website that has the Books of Harry Potter and The Lord Of the Rings, then it shows the mistakes from the Movie to the Book or vice versa.

I tried Searching for an old Topic of mine on the Forum but it appears to be deleted of old age, so says Erpy.

I went through Google, but found nothing.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:36 pm

The closest thing I've ever seen to that would be http://www.moviemistakes.com

However if you're looking for indvidual mistakes I don't think it would be too difficult to pick out yourself. I didn't do it for The other movies but I remember watching Harry Potter 1 with the book in hand. The first half of chapter 1 is missing where Vernon goes to work and fires people while investigating the people in strange cloaks. They also cut Chapter 13 (or was it 14) the midnight duel comletly. This was the part of the book where Malfoy challenges Harry to a duel of wands with Crabbe seconding him and Ron for Harry. Harry and Ron take the time to sneak out of their dorms and go all the way up to the trophy room but Malfoy never shows.

Wasn't too difficult it would be easy todo the same and if you really think people would be interested in it you could post it on a website or host your own.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#3 Post by Spikey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:05 pm

Let's try and name differences in LoTR.

[spoiler]- They ignore the Old Forest, Withywindle, Tom Bombadil & Goldberry!
- Merry knows about Bilbo's ring, just as Frodo
- Frodo plans on sneaking out of the Shire gradually, pretending to move to the border.
- Merry's character is horribly integrated with Frodo's, and becomes a second Pippin himself
- Merry, Pippin, Sam & Fatty conspire to help Frodo get out of the Shire, without him knowing.
- It's not Arwen, but Glorfindel who comes to aid the sick Frodo, and puts him on a horse in the direction of Rivendell.

BLABLABLABLABLA

- Frodo and Sam part with Faramir in Ithilien, not Osgiliath.
- Saruman & Wormtongue have actually taken over the Shire as the Hobbits return. The Hobbits put an army together and fight Saruman.[/spoiler]

The end.

(Conclusion: too many to name).

daventry
Knight Status

#4 Post by daventry » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:49 pm

The site i went on had this loooooooooooong Page of every single paragrah in the LOTR books telling us the mistake of the Movie.

No its not the moviemistakes website, it was a website with the 3 HP books and then it menchioned the mistakes in the Movies.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:52 pm

Hmmm... do you mean the intentional changes to the plot, or actual 'mistakes' made in the movie?

Guess they wanted to give Arwen a bigger role in the plot. When I saw the second movie I didn't get who the Elf was leading the troops into Helmsdeep. So, his death wasn't as big an issue as it should have been.

I'm really curious about the extended DVD versions. Are the movies much longer (and complete) than the ones we saw on the big screen?

The Guy
Knight Status

#6 Post by The Guy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:06 pm

I've never read the books at all, so I can't help you on that part.  There was not anyone named Tom Bombadil in any of the extended versions that much I do know.  The extended times however I can at least give you osme info.  The first movie had a time of 178 minutes and the extended one is 208 minutes.  The Two Towers original is 179 minutes, where as the extended is 223 minutes.  And finally, The Return of the King's original time is 201 minutes which was extended to 251 minutes.  Hopefully someone who's read & remembers the books and saw the movies can say the major and minor differences.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#7 Post by Gronagor » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:14 pm

Interesting. Not that much longer... the way they advertised them it seemed like almost double the previous movie length. The extended versions are well over $100 (each) over here, so it's not worth it then.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:53 pm

Intresting.

Relight
Archival Expert

#9 Post by Relight » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:11 pm

Interesting. Not that much longer...
LOL, you don't consider 30-50 minutes much longer? That's still quite a bit longer. Considering that the scenes are not just thrown in either like some "extended" movies. They are seamlessly integrated with all the appropriate changes in the movie score even. That sucks how expensive they are for you... but they are definitely worth having. Especially in their gorgeous boxes and slipcases and the golden slipcase that houses all three. Some of the best DVD packaging ever.

Hmm. Now I shall disappear again. ;)

daventry
Knight Status

#10 Post by daventry » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:43 pm

Hello, im still here and waiting. :hat

Could someone please help me look for a site that has the HP & the LOTR Book Movie Mistakes. :p

Relight
Archival Expert

#11 Post by Relight » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:06 am

Well, assuming you mean a site that tells differences of the movies compared to the books...
I went through Google, but found nothing.
So you expect us to find it... how?

daventry
Knight Status

#12 Post by daventry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 am

Because i think it was Father Ghost Face or Angelus who found it for me and there was a topic about it, but Erpy deleted the posts because they were old and were just lying around the Forum Board he says.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:54 am

or, you could read the books, and then watch the movies, and get the mistakes yourself!

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Music Head » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Gronagor wrote:I'm really curious about the extended DVD versions. Are the movies much longer (and complete) than the ones we saw on the big screen?
Somoneone may have proberly said this but like usual i lost interest in this post at about this point.

The extended dvd contains alot more extra footage (duh) i'm not sure if it has more fathfulness ot the book since i sorta got bored with the book about 2 chapters in. But you get to see some cool new stuff like in the second one for example you see Saruman fall from his tower after Womrtail (i tihnk is his name) stabs him in the back. This happens right at the begining and the ore tihng falls out of Sarumans sleeve when he lands which is when that Pippen/Marry wateva he is finds it.

Oh ps that had spoilers  :lol

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#15 Post by Spikey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:46 pm

Gronagor wrote:Hmmm... do you mean the intentional changes to the plot, or actual 'mistakes' made in the movie?

Guess they wanted to give Arwen a bigger role in the plot. When I saw the second movie I didn't get who the Elf was leading the troops into Helmsdeep. So, his death wasn't as big an issue as it should have been.

I'm really curious about the extended DVD versions. Are the movies much longer (and complete) than the ones we saw on the big screen?
Haldir is the Elf that leads the group from the forest of Lorién to Lothlorién.