You've been [mis?]quoted

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

You've been [mis?]quoted

#1 Post by hakujinmusume » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:25 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry for being so anti-social lately. It's amazing how much this book, even AFTER I've sent it to the printers, takes over my life. Currently I'm working on putting together bookmarks and a list of 'recommended sites' for people who buy the book that aren't already Adventure Game fans (wha?!).

Anyway, the reason I'm writing here is that I've assembled a list of 'reader reviews' from comments people on this board, other boards and on the Game Quest site have made. I didn't want to quote without anybody's permission, so if I have quoted you on this page: http://www.redfez.net/leopold/store/Gam ... eviews.php  and you'd rather not be quoted, or rather I used a handle instead of your real name, please let me know. Also, if I've quoted you and you have a personal site you'd like a link to, let me know and I can add it. Spread the love, I say.

Also, I've got a 'recommendations' page online, too, for readers who may not be initiated to the wonders of adventure games, with a bunch of links to sites that they should check out. This site is one of them, but if people have recommendations for some I may have missed, please let me know.

Thanks!! XD

P.S. Really looking forward to the new releases. It's gonna be a killer spring for the Adventure Game, I think!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:38 pm

That's very thoughtful of you!!
It's amazing how much this book, even AFTER I've sent it to the printers, takes over my life
Who will publish it? I'd like to purchase that book. Yes, I know you've uploaded chapters, but I prefer reading long texts from a book ;)

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#3 Post by Vroomfondel » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:51 pm

Hey! I'm really glad to see that Game Quest is going to be published! Being a writer myself, I know how much time and hard work is put into a novel, and I must say that I really admire your writing. Congratulations on completing your Book Quest!  ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 am

I went to see if you had my review, looked down but couldn't see it. Then I went back to the top to see my old alias "Bromios" being the first one. :p

Heh, you're more than welcome to use my quote. Yet if you could change my name to Broomie I'd prefer that.

Anyway, I didn't get to read the whole thing but since I've heard it may be getting published it's good as I can read the whole thing together in one, great book.

Good luck!

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by hakujinmusume » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:58 pm

Vildern, I know what you mean about reading online. Personally, I'm surprised at how many people actually have been following online, because I hate reading online. It's part of the reason for putting it into book format in the first place. Plus, there's no feeling (especially for the author!) than to have the book in your hands.

I'm an independent writer, so I'm doing the whole thing myself: writing, design, promotion, financing and distribution! It's like 6 jobs in one. Like AGDI and other adventure game fans, I'm taking initiative and doing it myself. If you think it's hard to convince game companies to make adventure games, just imagine how difficult it is to get publishers to think anybody will be interested in READING about adventure games. I'm hoping to prove them wrong. Anyway, the book will be available in the next week or so, I hope. Just waiting for the printers. I'll keep everyone updated, of course!

Vroomfondel & Jamie, Thanks for the compliments! They means a lot. It's nice to know that others understand how much work it takes, cause it takes a LOT of work! Even I wasn't aware of how much this was going to take. Heck, writing the novel was the EASY part! Now it's onto Book Quest II: The Promotion! Probably be an even harder game than the first quest. I added your link to the site, Vroomfondel, and fixed your name to Broomie, Jamie. Thanks for letting me know. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final versions of both your projects. Keep me updated. I seriously think it's going to be a killer year for the ol' adventure game.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#6 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:57 am

I seriously think it's going to be a killer year for the ol' adventure game.
Same here. Things certainly look good for the community.  :D Thanks for adding the link.