Adventure Game Wallpapers

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

Adventure Game Wallpapers

#1 Post by hakujinmusume » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:40 pm

Ack, I haven't posted here in sooo long. Depressing. This novel has taken over my life (and soon to take over my wallet!)

Anyway, sorry for being so antisocial. I've been putting together a bunch of adventure game related wallpapers for the people following my novel online, but I thought some people here might get a kick out of them.

Here's samples of 2 of them. There are 5 total, so far, with different coloured backgrounds and different sizes. You can download them here, if you're interested: http://www.redfez.net/leopold/fiction/n ... papers.php

They were fun to make. I hope you like them! Thanks!

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:58 pm

nice!  i've definelty been following the novel - i now have a reason to look forward to Fridays, besides not having classes.  :)

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#3 Post by Vroomfondel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:22 pm

Hey, the novel's great! I've been keeping up with it for sometime now. Nice wallpapers, especially the action sequences one.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:16 am

Those are good. I thought about making one of the AGD's, Erpy, and I walking down the trail in the Grand Canyon with a caption about "I wish my life had a save/restore feature!"

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by hakujinmusume » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:41 am

Hey, thanks so much for the compliments! It's really good to hear that people are liking it. You spend so long working on something, you start to lose all perspective, so it's nice to hear what people think. It really helps, especially here at the end when I'm freaking out over how I'm going to be able to break even on this project. It's ok if I lose money, because I believe in the book and in adventure games, but I just don't want to lose ALL my money. Heh, navynuke04, I could really use one of those save/restore features right about now! If only... I guess that's why we have games, so we can do all the crazy stuff we'd like to if death were just a nuisance.

Anyway, about half an hour after I started this thread, the printer sent in the proofs (pic below) which is probably the coolest thing I've ever received in the mail. Only, now the printer is having problems with the book's illustrations, so we're trying to fix that. But then, it's printsville for Game Quest! YAY!!! ~3 weeks til publication! I'll probably stop updating the site when the book comes out. Or, at least a few weeks afterwards. Hope that doesn't destroy your Fridays, Steffi!! XD I'll try and make up for it somehow!

Thanks again, guys, the compliments mean a lot.

The proofs!