Does anyone use SCUMMVM? I have a problem...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Vertius
Peasant Status

Does anyone use SCUMMVM? I have a problem...

#1 Post by Vertius » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:01 pm

I've been trying to get Day of the Tentacle to work over SCUMMVM, but I've encountered some problems.

My PC doesn't recognise the CD, so I have to copy the files from it to another file. The problem is, how do you do that? I've read all the FAQs, and can't find anything to explain it.

I tried playing it over DOSBOX as well, but I find the same problem. Can anyone help?

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Pidgeot » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm not sure what your problem is - is your computer refusing to read your CD? In that case, the disc may be damaged. Try using a different CD-drive, as some drives are more fault-tolerant than others. Alternatively, borrow a working CD from someone.

If you just want to know what files ScummVM require for the game, it's MONSTER.SOU, TENTACLE.000 and TENTACLE.001.

Jenkins Loo
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Jenkins Loo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Here is what I try with DOSBOX:

Like it is said in the manual, I put all my games and CDs of the games in the Oldgames directory on my hard disk. When using dosbox, while you're in Z:, type mount d c:/oldgames/cddott -t cdrom. Then, I type mount c c:/oldgames. Type D: then "install" and it should run the "virtual CD". It should run fine but I'm not sure if you already tried what I said previously.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:08 pm

with dosbox I just put the cd in a folder hit copy on the exe file and paste on dosbox and it runs it. I never figured out how to mount.

I dont remember how I used Scummvm but I did.