Anyone know of other games like King's Quest?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jason
Peasant Status

Anyone know of other games like King's Quest?

#1 Post by Jason » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:41 pm

:)   I'm wondering if anyone can recomend other games like King's Quest.  I really enjoy these games, especially if they are free downloads.
Also, Does anyone know of action adventure games with a Christian or Biblical theme?
Thanks!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:57 pm

Have you tried other series by Sierra? Like Leisure Suit Larry/Space Quest/Gabriel Knight/Quest for Glory (not exactly like KQ, but still, close enough)? You can also Try Conquests of Camelot and Conquests of Longbow. None of them is free though.

If you look for free games you might wanna try:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

There you can find fan made games and download for free. Enjoy! I recommend "Glorious Realm of Thendor" there.

Also, you can find on the net the full cd version of Beneath a Steel Sky (which is freeware). Try here:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2992.shtml

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#3 Post by Vroomfondel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:51 pm

To answer your second question: No, I don't think there are any adventure games that have to do with a Christian or Biblical theme.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:52 am

Wrong. Gold Rush was made by Christians and has a Christian tinge all through the game. The bible verses that you read along the way when you look closely all fit together and bring out the gospel. It's quite interesting, actually.

But I don't think there are any games that have a direct Christian/Biblical story to it.

There is a FPS called War In Heaven where you can be either an angel or a fallen angel and you fight the other side. However, if you play as a fallen angel you'll end up dying at the end, I think.

EDIT: I was wrong, I just remembered that the Riddle of the Sphinx games also have a Christian theme in them. My dad was playing the game with my two younger sisters (one who loves Egyptology) and noticed this.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#5 Post by Vroomfondel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:51 am

I figured that he meant an adventure game that's plot is religious in nature. I know that Lucasarts made a simulation game called Afterlife in which you have to build Heaven and Hell.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:27 am

That reminds me of the first Populous game :D.

rabadi
Peasant Status

#7 Post by rabadi » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:29 am

Ominous Horizons is not an adventure game, I guess. It is more like an action FPS. It's not free, though. I bought the game when it was quite cheap in the bargain bin. The game is Christian-themed, and contains several bible verses.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#8 Post by Da_elf » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 pm

the game i recommend most on AGS's website is the aprentice and the apprentice 2

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Christian adventure games

#9 Post by Brainiac » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:57 pm

You can find a few games through JustAdventure; they reviewed an FPS-style game called Catechumen a while back and just a few days ago reviewed a kid-oriented title called "Light Rangers: Mending the Maniac Madness."  You can follow links back to the websites of the developer and publisher to see what other titles they offer.

And to anyone who reads that review - no, I am not the inspiration for the villain Maniac Brainiac, thank you very much. :p

rabadi
Peasant Status

#10 Post by rabadi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:58 am

The game Catechumen mentioned by Brainiac is developed by N-Lightning Soft. Dev. Company, which is also the developer of the game Ominous Horizons I mentioned. I have not played Catechumen, nor have I seen it in the bargain bin in my local game stores, but I assume the gameplay is the same for both.

http://www.n-lightning.com/games.htm