Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

yukon_horror
Peasant Status

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

#1 Post by yukon_horror » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:07 pm

I don't know if it is kosher or not (copyright laws and such), but I think it would be nifty to update this game (Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy)  to a point and click adventure format from its straight up text based format.  

I know it was immensley popular in 1984, and with the popularity of the updated KQI and KQII, I think this would kick butt.  I know little about programming, and I have little to no extra time, and I would probably be uber lazy on the graphics, or I would do it myself.  I know BBC 4 did one, but they just put in graphics, it is still the same exact game.  I think, making it like the VGA KQI and KQII and KQV and KQVI would be the coolest thing ever.  Just a thought.

dreammaster
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by dreammaster » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:53 am

The trouble is that many of it's puzzles wouldn't translate very well to point-n-click. For example, when you're in the dark, how would you convey the sense of four misisng senses, but one that isn't. Or, to take another example, enjoying the Vogon's poetry without making the puzzle solution completely obvious.

HHGTTG was a favourite of mine as well, but it's unlikely that a good point-n-click version could be made of it.