What if they made a kings quest movie?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

What if they made a kings quest movie?

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:07 am

I was lookin through my game based movies today and i thought what if they made a kings quest movie who should play the role of Graham and would it be better as a major blockbuster movie or would it be better as a cheap b movie.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#2 Post by Klytos » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 am

It'd have to be a blockbuster, who actually sets out to make a cheap b grade movie?

Keira Knightly as Rosella is as far as I can think.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#3 Post by Da_elf » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:28 pm

what age would graham be in the film? he is youngish in KQ1

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:13 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:So I was bored being here in the hospital and thought of a way to occupy myself, ART! So I made this, nothing big or special just a KQ Banner of the 4 stars who I think who be perfect for the roles of the characters in KQ.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5174/z ... ily2um.png

To the far left is Kerr Smith (Alexander) next to him Jenny McCarthy (Rosella) next to her is Harrison Ford (Graham) and at the Right end is Julia Barr (Valaniece). I hope you guys like it! :)

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#5 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:52 am

Sierra games just don't translate well to movies. About the only one I can think of that would work is Gabriel Knight. As for KQ, Knightly as Rosella....? That just doesn't sit right with me. Like I said, you just can't really translate the games to the big screen. Although I like the choice of Harrison Ford for Graham, fits perfectly, though Josh Mandel's voice sounds very much like James Garner.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#6 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:31 am

Klytos does have a point about the b movie comment but then again look at the Evil Dead series.

As for Harrison Ford as Graham it seems a better idea than who i was thinking to play as Graham.

I was thinking Pierce Bronson. :rollin

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#7 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:10 pm

Heh, I think Brosnan could pull it off, though Graham's not exactly his type. I'd say that Ford or Garner would work.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:06 pm

why did everyone overlook the best applicant? Sean Connery! I do agree that Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Father would be the best movie, it would have to be set like a suspense or thriller piece though and people may be thrown by the fact that they're learning some things. Then again they might also be thrown by the fact that they're in New Orleans. As for GK2 Beast Within... well it's already a movie go buy it.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#9 Post by Vroomfondel » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:22 am

Connery would also be great as King Graham, but I thinksh hish accentsh a bit toosh thicksh. As for GK1, I think Samuel Jackson would work as Dr. John, but I'm not sure who Gabriel'd be.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Actors

#10 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:54 pm

Vroomfondel wrote:As for GK1, I think Samuel Jackson would work as Dr. John...
What, you don't want Worf brought back? :lol  :rollin

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#11 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:37 am

Sean Connery might be a good choice for Graham but because of his age (unless the movie is based after grahams last adventure) would have to be an anime not that it would be a problem i love animes but id rather see it live action because game based animes are too common

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#12 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:33 am

Keira Knightly in any role would rule. Seriously.

Graham would have to be played by someone younger than Ford or Connery. Jeez, those guys are like pushing 80 or something. Well probably not, but they're too old.

I could imagine Viggo Mortison (or however you spell his name) you know, that guy who played Aragorn in LOTR. Anyway, he'd rock as Graham, I would think his best acting would be the downcast mood he's in at the start of KQ2. Just a suggestion.

A Space Quest movie would also be good, I'd consider the guy who played the Captain in "Serenity" would make a GREAT Roger.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#13 Post by Vroomfondel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Keira Knightly in any role would rule. Seriously.
Can anyone spell "fanboy"?  ;)   Seriously though, Viggo Mortenson as Graham would work, and I think he'd do a good job as him.