Commercial Adventure Games: NOT DEAD

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alliance
Knight Status

Commercial Adventure Games: NOT DEAD

#1 Post by Alliance » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:05 am

I've seen many arguements that commercial adventure games are dead. I'm happy to announce that this statement is not entirely true. Sit back and relax as I tell you about this gem of a game, released on the PSP.

MediEvil Ressurection:

The plot:

Basically, it's a remake of the Playstation 1 game.
You are a knight named Sir Daniel Fortesgue (Sir Dan for short).
You were chief knight of the land called Gallowmere.
You never were a brave knight. In fact, most of your duties involved Croquet, and just being in ceremonies.
One day, an evil wizard named Zarrok rose to power, and you were ordered to lead the fight against Zarrok.
In a freak accident, you get killed by an arrow that gets lodged in your eye, and your men defeat Zarrok. You go down in history as a hero.
Then, after a hundred years, Zarrok returns. He raises his minions from the dead, and takes control of Gallowmere.
You wake up from your eternal sleep. You have one last chance to prove you really are a hero.
Unfortunately for you, your jaw is missing. This makes speech incredibly hard to undrestand (for the characters. There's subtitles for the player) Also,you have a shrunken genie stuck in your skull that also hates Zarrok. So the two of you work together to fight Zarrok and his men.

Gameplay

The gameplay was excellent. It really reminded me of the Golbiiins games. The puzzles were challenging, and the witty dialogue was great.

Overall, I give this game a four out of five (moving with the joystick was clunky, so a point off for that)

I suggest you all play this game.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:27 am

It is a good game but it was released nearly a year ago so your a little late lol

Alliance
Knight Status

#3 Post by Alliance » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:42 pm

Angelus3K wrote: nearly a year ago so your a little late lol
Oops.
In any case, it's a great adventure game. Parts of it felt exactly like Gobliins 3 (like when you have to dig open a grave to get a peg leg in order to make a pirate costume. THAT'S a puzzle.)