Memory problems

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Memory problems

#1 Post by rugged » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:34 am

My fav game at the moment is Championship Manager 4. I am totally addicted and have been playing on my pc for the last few months.

The other day my pc got unplugged rather then shut down and ever since then when I try and access the game I end up getting an error message informing me that I have ran out of memory and need to quit any other programs (of which none are open). I have tried rebooting and also cancelling any processes which are not needed but still get this message.

Does anyone have any idea why this would all of a sudden started happening? I have not installed any new software and have not been on the internet on my home PC in ages so I have no idea what has changed to stop me using the game.

Any suggestions would be apprecitated (I am running XP)

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:48 am

This probably sounds stupid and won't work since I don't really know what i'm talking about XD, but maybe the bios has reset to standard settings so the memory setting has been lowered. If you know how much memory your computer is supposed to have you can check it by going to start > run, and typing in 'dxdiag' then clicking ok.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:02 am

The bios settings wouldnt have been changed.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? Thats probably the only thing that might work. Obviously remember to backup your save game first.