Quest Video Play Throughs

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

jra166
Peasant Status

Quest Video Play Throughs

#1 Post by jra166 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Stumbled across this guy on YouTube.  

http://www.youtube.com/Weaver1497

He is posting Video of Space Quest IV and Kings Quest V of himself playing the game.  This is a great idea for those of us who don't have time to play the games, but like to experience the stories again.  They almost play like a movie... any brave souls willing to attempt a project to put this type of concept into a DVD reality?  Kings Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory, all those with talkies.  Would love to pull this off the shelf and watch the game whenever I feel like it!  

Would be a nice kudos to those who actually created and acted out the parts as well, preserving their work.

Broomie
The Enigma

#2 Post by Broomie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 pm

He's also quite the regular here too. And this is the wrong forum, so I guess a moderator will move it.

It's a good idea, and they've done something like that with Full Throttle. Taking out most gameplay parts and making it seems like a movie, and I recall the same people doing it on COMI.

I'd do this but the amount of times I get booted out of the games into Windows whilst playing any of the Sierra games would be quite annoying turning into a film.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#3 Post by Vildern » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Thanks for the link!  :D

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:51 am

Man! He missed getting all the points on KQ6 by one point! I might have to watch through to see if I can spot what he missed! :)

Weaver1497
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Weaver1497 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Wow! I'm flattered!
I originally made the Space Quest IV playthrough for a friend who because of time and having a family now can't find the time to play the games anymore.

I didnt even view them myself for months, came back to youtube one day logged into my account and I had all of these messages of encouragment and the videos were viewed something like 20000 times. I then decided to create a couple of more in my free time.

There really is a hunger out there for adventure games and I think my 30000 plus hits in less than 6 months is proof of this.

ALSO!!!!! Please check out under my favorites a trailer for a television show called "JACK" I produced and wrote it, It's pretty funny we're shopping it around let me know what you think. The title under my favorites is called "Great show check it out!"

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Renodox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:10 pm

I found the single point that was missed.  He forgot to give the mint to the old man in the library.

jra166
Peasant Status

#7 Post by jra166 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Weaver1497,

Thanks for posting those videos!  I've really enjoyed them.  

Is there anyway you can post the video in the highest quality format for download?  I would love to put the full size videos onto a DVD.  the quality on YouTube leaves a lot to be desired.   I guess I should ask if the original video files are in better quality than that of the youtube video.  You could possibly use megaupload.com, it's pretty easy to use.

If not, no problem, but thanks for the memories!

Weaver1497 wrote:Wow! I'm flattered!
I originally made the Space Quest IV playthrough for a friend who because of time and having a family now can't find the time to play the games anymore.

I didnt even view them myself for months, came back to youtube one day logged into my account and I had all of these messages of encouragment and the videos were viewed something like 20000 times. I then decided to create a couple of more in my free time.

There really is a hunger out there for adventure games and I think my 30000 plus hits in less than 6 months is proof of this.

ALSO!!!!! Please check out under my favorites a trailer for a television show called "JACK" I produced and wrote it, It's pretty funny we're shopping it around let me know what you think. The title under my favorites is called "Great show check it out!"

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Renodox » Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Okay I was wrong the last time but this time I really found the missing point: he didn't read the riddle book.  "What was the riddle and more impotantly, what was the answer?"

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#9 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 pm

That's pretty neat! Almost as much fun as playing the games.

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Egger3rd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:56 am

Alternatively, I'm making an edited play-through of King's Quest VI called "King's Quest VI: Recut".  It's more of a ridiculous spoof of the game, but you might enjoy it.  If it get's popular, I'll keep adding parts to it.

Let me know what you think of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs_5lS1wDMk

King's Quest VI Recut: Part 1
King's Quest VI Recut: Part 2

Let me know if you like them.  :D