KQ-related announcement of some magnitude

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Akril
Royal Servant Status

KQ-related announcement of some magnitude

#1 Post by Akril » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:28 am

Hello all,

I haven't posted here in quite a while. I just thought I'd come out of hiding to break the news about one of my latest and largest Sierra projects. It's actually been online for several months, but since news of it doesn't seem to have reached this forum, I thought I'd make a post about it (Better late than never, I suppose. I'm horrible at promoting myself):

King's Quest IX: It Takes Two to Tangle

Broomie
The Enigma

#2 Post by Broomie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I remembered this, and I did think you had given up on it due to the static page of no updates for a while, but it's great to see it wasn't neglected.

Looks rather long, but something I'll get myself to read sooner or later. ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:52 pm

Sounds like a cool idea!

What happened to the official KQ9? Was it ever released?

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#4 Post by Boogeyman » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:01 am

If you are reffering to The Silver Lining, it is still on the way. Just today, someone revived a two-month old topic on their forum just to bash the project. Needless to say, they have been turned into a frog.

Akril
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Akril » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:53 pm

The last time I checked, giving one's personal opinion in a calm, intelligent manner and providing thorough information on how the aspect of something can be improved hardly fits the definition of "bashing".

And yes, Broomie, the story is rather long. It can also be a bit taxing for dialup users (if they click on every picture icon and chose to play the two games that appear later in the story).

Akril
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Akril » Sat May 12, 2007 4:40 am

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I just wanted to mention that upon noticing several glaring errors, I went through this story and gave it yet another thorough editing job. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to do this, and hopefully it should read a little easier now.

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#7 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sat May 12, 2007 3:00 pm

That's pretty big! Read through some of chapter 1 and it's actually pretty good so far. Too bad the game didn't work out.

Akril
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Akril » Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am

Thank you very much.

(Personally, I wish that people would stop saying "I'm sorry you couldn't make it into a game" and just enjoy the story and media as they are. A lot of cancelled fangames just fade into oblivion after their unfortunate end, and I hoped to make this project into something a little more than just another cancellation.)

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#9 Post by Vildern » Mon May 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Akril wrote:Personally, I wish that people would stop saying "I'm sorry you couldn't make it into a game"
Fine... I'm happy that you couldn't make it into a game :p
Does it sound better?

Akril
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Akril » Tue May 15, 2007 3:24 am

Eh...if you only quote and respond to the first part of the sentence, it undermines the meaning of the sentence as a whole.