a top quality powerlevel website

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

okgame

a top quality powerlevel website

#1 Post by okgame » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:09 am

Introduce a top quality powerlevel website to you ,and present the gold .
www.blah-blahwhateverblah.com

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#2 Post by KKuhlman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:26 am

You pay for the game. You pay monthly to play it. And now you can pay for other people to play it for you? Maybe I have just tumbled off the everspeeding sleigh of the world, but I'm having serious difficulty in seeing whats the point in that.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:42 am

Normally, we delete this rubbish.  But this time, I just edited his url, making his spam useless, and deleted his account.

I saw a documentary on these outfits on TV recently, and apparently the idea is that you send your character to a sweat-shop in a country like Romania or China, they'll play it and get up to a certain level for you.  In games like WOW,  high levels are synonymous with power and respect. They're highly sought-after because then you can walk around and act like you're running the show.

However, most people don't have the free hours required to invest in grinding to get their level that high, due to a hectic lifestyle. So if they send their account to one of these outfits, they'll offer to play your character up to a certain skill level -- for a price.

Mind you, many of these power leveling sites are outright scams.  You'll pay your money into some obscure PayPal account, send your character account password to them -- and that's the last you'll ever hear from them. Dishonest tactics and dishonest services can only mean the risk of dishonest real world business practices. It's not worth it.  There's a reason why Blizzard puts rules and regulations on the sales of accounts and in-game items, and that's to prevent real-life fraud and inflation from affecting what's supposed to be a game.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:12 pm

I play WoW and I know a few people that have bought gold and sold accounts without being scammed and such, if you do get scammed you can usually get all back unless you're past the point of paypal and in which case you can at least get your account back. Sometimes it makes it seem almost worth it. I myself have an account that's worth osmewhere close to 400USD. the thing is I probably spent that much over the past almost 3 years building it.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by BrianR » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Plus a huge amount of time.  
I once played a MMRPG....and after I kicked the addiction I think they should not allow kids to play them...and even some adults.  Some can not beat the addiction.  It's a serious problem.  Every once in a while you hear about a marriage falling apart or a crazed gamer killing someone in real life because he got mad at someone in WOW.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#6 Post by Vroomfondel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:53 am

And it's people like that who give normal video gamers a bad name with the media and the rest of society. But that's a whole other issue.

Personally, I think it's stupid to pay monthly for a game. But then to pay again to have someone do all the leveling for you? Isn't the whole point of the game to have enjoy it and have fun playing it? Why bother paying all that money if you're not even going to bother playing it?!

greensenshi
Knight Status

#7 Post by greensenshi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:32 am

Because in my experience all the fun comes from the high level content.  I've played WoW, I played it up to level 24 or so.  The level grind was basically the same thing.  Go to person, get quest, complete quest, turn in reward, repeat ad naseum.  WoW had pretty much a couple of different types of quests.  They just ramped up in difficulty.  Raids, battlegrounds, high instanced places, that is where the fun is at for most people.  Not the grind involved in getting there.

Fargus2
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Fargus2 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:59 am

Because in my experience all the fun comes from the high level content.  I've played WoW, I played it up to level 24 or so.  The level grind was basically the same thing.  Go to person, get quest, complete quest, turn in reward, repeat ad naseum.  WoW had pretty much a couple of different types of quests.  They just ramped up in difficulty.  Raids, battlegrounds, high instanced places, that is where the fun is at for most people.  Not the grind involved in getting there.
MMORPGs should be illegal.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by BrianR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Vroomfondel wrote:And it's people like that who give normal video gamers a bad name with the media and the rest of society. But that's a whole other issue.
Your right.  I play all types of games and in every type of game there are a few people who play a little to much and give games a bad rap.  But mmorpg have by far the most addicted group of gamers.  I believe its the ability to improve skills along with a sense of community and pride that attracts so many.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#10 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:50 am

Yep, I've got enough single player games to last me years yet without getting into a genre that time consuming.  A regular RPG takes long enough as it is.

Jack Sawyer
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Jack Sawyer » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:48 am

back when you still had text bad games and MUDs (prior to MMORPGs) I would play one on the BBS I signed onto (I also telnetted out to other BBSes and such to play other MUDs.) and they were HORRIBLY addicting because of the amoutn of time and effort you had to invest itno them (levelling.)  

Back then at some point you would almost always have to do what we called "scripting"  (basically letting the comm program you used to sign onto the BBS run the character automatically through a preprogrammed set of demands.) - don't even know if they have something like that nowadays.  Anyhow, I wasted HUGE amounts of time and money in those things.  And it can be scary how frustrating and crazy you can get over a character (especially high level.)

Its a major reason why I steer away from MMORPGs as an adult - I don't have the time nor incliination to waste in them when there are people with no lives who will probably outstrip me and cuase grief (I had something like that happen in th eMUD  long ago..)   I'm content enough playing alot of the other games I already have (a collection of dozens or hundreds of computer and video games..) and doing other things without bothering with MMORPGs.

The ironic thing is, while the addiction is a horrible and can be very destructive, its also what  (I think) makes the MMORPG so successful/desirable.

Kloreep
Knight Status

#12 Post by Kloreep » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:40 am

Jack Sawyer wrote:Back then at some point you would almost always have to do what we called "scripting"  (basically letting the comm program you used to sign onto the BBS run the character automatically through a preprogrammed set of demands.) - don't even know if they have something like that nowadays.
From what I read, they do, they're simply called "bots." And the MMORPG owners tend to outlaw & fight them - virtual economy aside, they want you doing the leveling yourself, since you'll go slower that way and will keep your account paid up for more months. ;)

Personally, I'm just not enticed by MMORPGs, though admittedly I haven't tried any. I can understand why some are, since the "massive" aspect adds so much, including quite an on-line community. But from what I've heard, most of them are just not that good as games. WoW=Level grind & fetch quest in order to progress, I hear. So I'd rather stick with my traditional MP modes in non-Massive games.