I'm stuck in the grave yard KQ IV

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

isabella
Royal Servant Status

please help meee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (KQ4-related question)

#1 Post by isabella » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I have a question can annyone tell me where can I find a forum whith KQ IV, I have the gae I'm plaing it but I am stuck in pplease if some one can help mee to give me an adress to go It's verry kind thank's again

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:36 pm

If you're stuck in the game, you can ask for hints here. (I moved the thread to the off-topic forum,btw)

Also, please try to put the subject of your question in the thread title instead of posting something like "please help me".

isabella
Royal Servant Status

I'm stuck in the grave yard KQ IV

#3 Post by isabella » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm stuck in the grave yard, I found the tombestone of the baby of the lady and then WHen I try to dig at the grave of the lord a message comes and tell me that the shavl it's broken I restarted becuse I've saved the games just after givving the locket at the lady but It's doing the same thing what can I do, I have to restart over? all was perfect until this grav and I know thatit's the good one: thank's allot

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Muadeeb » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm

GameFaqs has always been my preferred help site of choice.

KQ4 can be found here http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 65068.html

If you don't want a full walkthrough, they do post a simple "point list", saying what you can get (and lose) points for, but not telling _how_ to get them

isabella
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by isabella » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:44 pm

some one can tell me why my shovel is broken I didn't finish to dig I have another  tombstone to dig the tombstone of the loard and of the little boy but my shovel it's broken and every time that I  restaure the game after I mee the ghost of the woman, I go to the grave yard and I dig and is the same thing please someone have the same problem?

rich_eter
Peasant Status

#6 Post by rich_eter » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:47 pm

KQ4 was filled with more dead ends than any other Sierra game I can recall... and some really bad ones too.

I think the shovel only had the exact number of digs in it that you needed to uncover the items you needed. I don't remember what that number is, but it was something like four to six. So, if you dug even one time where you didn't uncover an item you needed to give a ghost, then you'd already hit a dead in. So, you probably dug one time like this and don't remember. If you don't have any saved games from before starting to dig, then indeed you will have to restart.

With a game like KQ4, I recommend whenever you save your game, create a new save file... that way, you can restore to earlier in the game with one of your earlier save files if you hit a dead end and you don't have to start over.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#7 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am

I'm a Universal Hint System guy myself. The oldest and most trusted hint system around, IMHO.

http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/kq4.php

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by DonQuixote » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Honestly, I would skip the walkthroughs and just watch the "playthroughs" instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tilHBUKcOtY

Just watch and/or fast forward up until the point you're stuck.

isabella
Royal Servant Status

thank's reach-eter

#9 Post by isabella » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:52 pm

thank's again , I restarted the game because I think that I was wrong by digging , and I finished the game. Can annyone tell me where can I found KQ VII because the V-VI I played them and I love this game I was playing all KQ to I until VI, but the other games I can't found them.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by MacGyver » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:59 pm

Well, we don't tolerate piracy. You may want to consider purchasing it. Not sure if Vivendi/Sierra still sells the KQ Collection, but you can try searching eBay.

isabella
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by isabella » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:08 pm

Yes I know but I'm not the only one who play this game and who download them; and I don't name this like a piratage I'm sorry that this game it's so old and we can play it, and wherever the KQ III until VI its can be downloaded and the rest of them no, and to by a collection my not work on pc manny peolpes have bet in trouble whith that than we can doo annything....  Thank's anny way

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#12 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Regardless of the situation, Vivendi own KQ etc so the only means of legally playing it is to BUY it.

Thats all we can say.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#13 Post by Kurdt » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:53 am

Um, I may have missed this but he didn't say anything about downloading them.

And, since they HAVE made collections of these games recently that are still available for sale, I see no problem in pointing him in the right direction.

Click Here

And judging from the site, you can even buy and download the games. That's pretty awesome.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Music Head » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:18 am

Kurdt wrote:Um, I may have missed this but he didn't say anything about downloading them.
Yes 'SHE'  ;)  did,
isabella wrote:Yes I know but I'm not the only one who play this game and who download them; and I don't name this like a piratage I'm sorry that this game it's so old and we can play it, and wherever the KQ III until VI its can be downloaded and the rest of them no, and to by a collection my not work on pc manny peolpes have bet in trouble whith that than we can doo annything....  Thank's anny way
I believe the collections come with dosBOX so the chances of it working on your system are high.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#15 Post by Kurdt » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:02 am

Yes, but that would be AFTER you accused her of it.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by MacGyver » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 am

Heh where was the accusation?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#17 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:09 am

Um, I may have missed this but he didn't say anything about downloading them.
She made a post about downloading the rest of the KQ games in the King's Quest 2 forum a couple of weeks ago. And in that thread, I think you even schooled her on the no-no's of piracy yourself, Kurdt.  :lol

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#18 Post by Kurdt » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:18 pm

Probably, heheh. I don't know, man! I have hard enough times remembering things day-to-day. Gimme a break! :p
MacGuyver wrote:Heh where was the accusation?
MacGuyver wrote:Well, we don't tolerate piracy. You may want to consider purchasing it. Not sure if Vivendi/Sierra still sells the KQ Collection, but you can try searching eBay.
That was one post before her admitting to downloading them. That was the first talk of downloading the games in this thread, at least.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by MacGyver » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:11 am

I just said we don't tolerate piracy. Did not accuse her of anything :)