King's Quest VI: The Recut

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

King's Quest VI: The Recut

#1 Post by Egger3rd » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:42 am

For those of you who have played King's Quest VI (or even if you haven't) I'm making a spoof of the original game using it's own footage.  As an art form, some might call this "machinima".  Anyways, I hope you enjoy this extremely ridiculous version of King's Quest VI.  And If it becomes popular, I'll keep adding parts to it.

Let me know what you think of it:

King's Quest VI Recut: Part 1
King's Quest VI Recut: Part 2

BTW, I love the King's Quest series.  They are some of my favorite games.  I just like making crazy videos.

xarcos
Peasant Status

#2 Post by xarcos » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 pm

I've actually seen these before reading this post, and I liked them so much I had to reply.

I was in hysterics the entire time (especially the seme-- err, sea man bit), and your Oblivion-machinima (Orcblivion) was excellent as well.

I guess I found it extra-funny as I've played both games as well as dabbled a little in machinima before.

Would love to see more.  ;>

Johnathon
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Johnathon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:14 pm

Hah! That was hilARIOUS!

Definately, keep making parts. I want more. :rollin

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#4 Post by Vroomfondel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:23 am

Meh, I didn't find it very funny.  :\

Johnathon
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Johnathon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:02 pm

Actually,

I hadn't noticed some of the more "crude" parts until viewing "part II" a second time.

Having stated my distaste for it, and suggested that the author should steer away from "that" sort of outlet to humor, I found the rest of it quite amusing.

My favorite parts: The crazy lampseller guy and the boy exploding in the water.

And Alexander is acting like a childish freak when he enters the castle, hah. Weird.

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Egger3rd » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:19 am

Johnathon wrote:Actually,

I hadn't noticed some of the more "crude" parts until viewing "part II" a second time.

Having stated my distaste for it, and suggested that the author should steer away from "that" sort of outlet to humor, I found the rest of it quite amusing.

My favorite parts: The crazy lampseller guy and the boy exploding in the water.

And Alexander is acting like a childish freak when he enters the castle, hah. Weird.
Duly noted, sir.  :)
I appreciate you sharing your opinion on the specific things you like and dislike.  I usually lean toward crude humor when I can't think of anything else better.  There is one thing I forgot in part 2 though that I'll include in part 3 (nothing crude, just a story aspect that needs to be addressed).

Right now, I'm almost done with a Gabriel Knight Recut, but I have to add in some plot devices so as not to leave people in the dark if they haven't played it.

I'm finishing up my classes right now.  So, I might not have time this week for much of this stuff, but I hope to do more very soon.  Maybe even some more Orc-Blivion.

Johnathon
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Johnathon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:42 pm

"HELLO!"

"....uh.... good day...."