General Quest for Glory discussions

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: General Quest for Glory discussions

#76 Post by Erpy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:29 pm

There are two "caves" inside the giant tree. Near the waterfall higher up the tree is a fork in the path. One leads up, to the garden that's called the "Heart of the World". The other leads to a cave at about the same altitude as the fork where the guardian resides. I kinda missed it too the first time around.

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#77 Post by Chrismarr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:31 am

Thank you! ;)

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#78 Post by Chrismarr » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Sorry guys but I need help again... :cry
In QFG3:
When meeting the thief in the bazaar at night I'm supposed to tell him about Rakeesh, I've looked through other sources and it's by my 3rd meeting with him that I should have that option. Well I've met him at least 5 times now and still do not have the option to tell him about Rakeesh. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong here?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#79 Post by DrJones » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:26 pm

You have to buy 600 food for 1 coin each and give them to him. It doesn't matter if you move so slowly it takes several days to arrive to him, as long as he is in the screen, he will wait for you.

Well, maybe that wasn't the solution to your problem, but that's something I always did. :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#80 Post by Erpy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Visit the thief early and often. Eventually, probably near the point where you'd return the drum/spear, you'll have the option of telling Harami about Rakeesh.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#81 Post by Dr. Spengler » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 am

A few questions about Shadows Of Darkness.

Is it actually possible to meet Ad Avis at the actual area of the castle gates after you save Tanya? I'm talking about AT the castle gates. (Say that you wait at the actual meeting point between yourself & Ad Avis, and then arrive at the castle gates at nightfall.)

We know that you can enter back into the castle after you save Tanya. But, can you still run into any significant trouble in the castle, especially after Ad Avis sends you the fake Katrina letter?

Can you kill off the tentacle monster in the cave with magic spells, such as flame dart, during the final chapter of the game?

Will Katrina still wake up in her room even if you don't wake her up in her coffin, and is there really an exit from her bedroom?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#82 Post by Erpy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 am

Is it actually possible to meet Ad Avis at the actual area of the castle gates after you save Tanya? I'm talking about AT the castle gates. (Say that you wait at the actual meeting point between yourself & Ad Avis, and then arrive at the castle gates at nightfall.)
No, nobody will be at the gate and when you return to the forest, Addy will be waiting there.
We know that you can enter back into the castle after you save Tanya. But, can you still run into any significant trouble in the castle, especially after Ad Avis sends you the fake Katrina letter?
I think the usual trouble with the badders, goon guards and wraith. Not sure about the meeting between Ad Avis and Katrina though.
Can you kill off the tentacle monster in the cave with magic spells, such as flame dart, during the final chapter of the game?
In battle, only Frostbite hurts it, but it's possible it's vulnerable to other spells in the normal game screen. But yeah, you can kill it from a distance.
Will Katrina still wake up in her room even if you don't wake her up in her coffin, and is there really an exit from her bedroom?
I don't think Katrina will automatically wake up if you don't open her coffin. (she will wake up if you do open it) But there's no exit in her bedroom you can use.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#83 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:17 am

ok so I'm about to leave for Raseir but I have a few items in my inventory puzzling me. What do I use the fruit of passion or the griffin feather for and can I make a dispel potion?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#84 Post by Erpy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Your two questions kinda answer each other. :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#85 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:12 am

Well I've finished the game (missing about fifty points) and I'm assuming I was supposed to make a dispel potion and use it on the saurus but I couldn't convince harik that I really needed one.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#86 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:10 am

The in-game use of those dispel potions is something else that you probably missed.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#87 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:56 am

<head scratch> It's a good thing I've made a save on everyday, I must have missed a day sensitive event or something. I suppose the Saurus could use a dispel as I never saw him revert back to the emir, maybe Julanar could use one too? I'm not quite sure. I notice that in QFG3 I can tell Salim about Julanar with my imported hero. Can you always do this or only with imported characters? Also is there a way for the thief to learn Juggling lights since they don't get the gift from Keapon in the intro to 3.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#88 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm not sure, but it's possible you can buy Juggling Lights in QFG5. That said, the spell is not all that useful unless someone throws a darkness spell at you.

And there's a sidequest the Dervish can tell you about that's the true purpose for your in-game dispel potions.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#89 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:03 pm

ya he gives a puzzle abouta caged beast which I assumed to be the saurus. I'm not sure how to go about solving this one though

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#90 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Ask the Dervish about the "where". That's a clue to where the puzzle can be found. It's in the desert somewhere.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#91 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Erpy wrote:I'm not sure, but it's possible you can buy Juggling Lights in QFG5.
Yes, you can. Only Summon Staff, Dragon Fire, and Thermonuclear Blast are restricted to Wizards by the end of Dragon Fire. You can buy the previously unobtainable Zap (at least, it was supposed to be), Juggling Lights, and Resistance from Shakra (presuming the game doesn't glitch them into your spell inventory to begin with) - he's got Dazzle as well, if you missed it in both I and II.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#92 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Solved the dispel potion puzzle but it doesn't really do much other than give hints for the game I've completed haha. I was too presumptuous with the puzzle and forgot how big the desert was. I like to have juggle lights for those few thief instances where a torch is required as I've been playing through as a magic using thief. Here's a question, if you skip games and import with an early hero how does it assign points? lets say I have a hero from spielburg with 83 strength and 100 stealth. I know if I import this character into QFG2 he keeps those same stats but if I import him to number 3 or even 5 his numbers get inflated. is there a known formula to this or does it just add 100 for each game skipped?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#93 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:58 pm

As I recall, the later games (3, 4, and 5) typically just boosted a save by an appropriate +100 per skipped game. Of course, I tend to max out my stats, so it might just have easily been a multiplier (though I doubt it). Thus, most likely you example Hero would import to Silmaria with 383 Strength and 400 Stealth. However, if it's a multiplier, it would be 332 Strength instead (again, I doubt it).

Occasionally, the import system will boost your stats to compensate for winning quickly in previous games. I have had a character import from the previous title to the next in sequence with a statistic at less than the non-import value which was boosted automatically to that basic level (though that may only have been in one specific game).

I'm not so sure about Honor, but I'd guess that it defaults to the standard (non-import) value for a character type. After all, having a Thief start QFG5 with 400 Honor doesn't make much sense.

As far as Juggling Lights, a Mage-Thief never needs it. You've got the tinderbox in QfG3, the magic torch in QfG4, and the generic torch in QfG5 (alongside the slightly more useful Fascination spell).

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#94 Post by Dr. Spengler » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Ok, say that I made it all the way to Dragonfire as strictly a fighter with no thief skills, at all. I bring Katrina back to life to have the chance to marry her. What should I give her in particular to win her over in terms of gifts?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#95 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Flowers and chocolate work well on her. There's also a certain amulet she'll appreciate if you picked it up. (think which amulet would fit Katrina's personality) Visit her as often as you can and as soon as you can.

the_black_planet
Peasant Status

#96 Post by the_black_planet » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Sorry guys I didn't know where to post this and maybe it's answered allready but with a quick search I didn't find anything.I found a QFG 1 mod for Neverwiter Nights 2 there: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Mo ... il&id=1750

Has anybody played it?Is it any good?I'm asking because I don't own NWN 2(and probably some other guys here) so if this mod worths it I will buy the game only for this.Also do you know any other QFG mods for any game(Oblivion,Morrowind etc)?I'd love to see a Shadows of Darkness mod with the graphics of Oblivion,it would be awesome!Cheers guys!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#97 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:55 am

from the comments I've read it seems to be a direct remake using the NWN2 engine. Never liked NWN though so I couldn't tell you how it is one way or the other. Thanks for letting us know about it though.

Labrynian Rebel
Peasant Status

#98 Post by Labrynian Rebel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Does anyone know of a "perfect" point list for QFG I, II, III, IV & V?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#99 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Define perfect. QfG3 and QfG4 both have issues with their point systems (QfG3 is particularly infamous) and QfG5 allows for well over 1000 points but prevents the displayed score from exceeding it.

haradan
Knight Status

#100 Post by haradan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

CyricZ's FAQs are probably the most comprehensive walkthroughs, and they include a point list for each game, but yeah, it's impossible to get a perfect score in QFG3, and QFG4 depends on your class. Anyway, check them out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.ht ... form=5&s=s