General Quest for Glory discussions

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

greensenshi
Knight Status

#26 Post by greensenshi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:02 am

Woot!  Collaboration has yielded I can talk to Tanya about the staff.  That mystery is solved, somewhat.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Back to the original WoW

#27 Post by Brainiac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:44 am

So haradan, any luck with unraveling the outracing of Yesufu?

By the way, anyone know what Thepal's up to these days?  I saw his point list from way back and figured he might like to contribute to this discussion.

Thepal
Knight Status

Re: General Quest for Glory discussions

#28 Post by Thepal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:24 pm

I don't usually resurrect old topics, but I was pointed to this through a PM.

Anyway, as far as I know, you can't beat Yesufu. And I tried. A lot. Everything I could think of. I played QfG3 over and over and over with the sole purpose of finding the extra few points to get 500 for the different character classes. I'm now at the point where I can't make myself play the game because I know I'll spend days trying to find the extra points that don't exist. I'm pretty sure that my points list is the most complete list around (though if someone can prove me wrong, that would be great).

So yeah, you aren't meant to beat Yesufu. And in saying that I am now thinking "Maybe you can... I didn't try <insert random thoughts here>". Bah. I've spent like 4 days playing the new QfG2 so far, and am only up to day 10 as a thief (still have to do fighter and magic user), and it seems I'll be spending even more time afterwards playing QfG3 :p

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 am

Thepal wrote:I don't usually resurrect old topics, but I was pointed to this through a PM.
<whistles innocently> :p

Anyways, like I said before, Thepal, the point list you have accurate for a Wizard or a Thief. The primary missing points for all character classes are the class-specific alternate actions for dealing with Harami; it's nothing more than shoddy coding, similar to Space Quest 4's CD version. Your Paladin and Fighter point lists are off by three points - you missed talking about the initiation with Uhura. Also, the gaining of Paladinhood is actually worth 50 points but, since you're now a Paladin, you lose the 5 points for the rope ladder at Monkey Village and the 3 points for dispatching the final Demon Worm (though you can gain points for Paladin Ability acquisition; however, you only have time to get the first - Flaming Sword for 2 points). Thus, a Fighter-to-Paladin maxes out at 535 (my math is on the previous page).

As far as Yesufu goes, I haven't found anything myself yet. There are claims of it working, but I've seen no evidence yet, nor any duplicable setup.

Thepal
Knight Status

#30 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:12 am

The Uhura initiation thing I never actually found (while creating the point list at least). It was in some point lists but I could never do it. So I left it off.

As for the Fighter/Paladin thing, I had a better point list somewhere. Unfortunately a search of my computers has found no QfG point lists. Which is very much not good. Especially for the QfG3/QfG4 ones since I had more complete lists than I had seen anywhere else on the net. Hopefully they are just hiding somewhere...

Anyway, there were a few points mentioned in other lists that I was unable to get while making my points list, though I think I might have gotten some at other times (I do still have a file listing them). They are:

Ask Uhura about Gifts 2 (fighter?)
Tell Kreesha/Rakeesh about Initiation 3 (fighter/paladin?)
Tell Uhura about Initiation 3 (fighter/paladin?)
Win Wrestling with Uhura 5 (fighter/paladin?)

I also have some other notes in that file:

Tell Katta about Leopardwoman?
Tell Salim about Dispel Potion?
Tell Salim about Guardian?
Console Uhura... At the village overlook?

Thief - Dagger and Royals on necklace in leopard hut (640)

Not sure where they are from...

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#31 Post by gogogoff » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:44 am

random weird thing that happened two years ago, I was wondering around the 4 Screen in QG3, before I bought my wife, and I meet a monkey and he took me to the monkey city, and then the lost city, it was funny I missed half the game cuz of that.

and playing QG5, I think on Quest 4 or 5, I killed the Assassin, and it took me to Minos island it was weird I was like whats going on ?

anyway theres my randomness for the day

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:24 am

Thepal wrote:Ask Uhura about Gifts 2 (fighter?)
This is the same as "Talk to Uhura about Marriage."
Thepal wrote:Tell Kreesha/Rakeesh about Initiation 3 (fighter/paladin?)
This is a glitch since several point lists (including the official hintbook) only have "Tell about initiation" and don't mention who to talk to. You tale to Uhura about the initiation, you talk to Kreesha about Johari (and that's 2 points).
Thepal wrote:Tell Uhura about Initiation 3 (fighter/paladin?)
You get this point-gving dialog option in her hut after the initiation is completed.
Thepal wrote:Win Wrestling with Uhura 5 (fighter/paladin?)
You have this in your list already. Someone just goofed between the points for practice with Uhura and beating Yesufu at the real thing.
Thepal wrote:I also have some other notes in that file:

Tell Katta about Leopardwoman?
Tell Salim about Dispel Potion?
Tell Salim about Guardian?
Console Uhura... At the village overlook?

Thief - Dagger and Royals on necklace in leopard hut (640)

Not sure where they are from...
I don't recall Uhura ever being at the overlook. I don't know if you can talk to Shallah about Johari. However, I'm quite certain telling Salim about the Guardian or the results of his potions doesn't do anything pointwise. As for the Dagger and Royals on the Leopardman Chief's necklace, I think they're pointless (in terms of score, not use) booty.

In terms of the completeness of your point lists, you should know that you can compare them to the hintbooks in PDF-scan form on SierraVault. Remember though that the QfG3 and QfG4 lists are indeed inaccurate (not as bad as the PQ4 one, but still noticable).

Thepal
Knight Status

#33 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:43 am

Wait... if the initiation thing is true that would mean that my Paladin list would total to 500... I don't think I've seen any point lists that actually hit 500 for paladins...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:55 pm

Thepal wrote:Wait... if the initiation thing is true that would mean that my Paladin list would total to 500... I don't think I've seen any point lists that actually hit 500 for paladins...
Mostly because I've never seen one (other than yours) that realizes Paladins get points for killing monsters just like Fighters. Anyways, I've tested it and, as my math shows, it works. Paladins are the only "pure" character class that can get 500 points (Fighter-to-Paladin can pass 500 but can't reach 550).

Thepal
Knight Status

#35 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Brainiac wrote:Mostly because I've never seen one (other than yours) that realizes Paladins get points for killing monsters just like Fighters.
That's because most point lists seem to just be people copying each other or hint books, which leads to all sorts of misinformation. All my lists were created through ridiculous amounts of hard work. Which was kinda annoying with the QfG2 paladin points. I spent days/weeks watching that end sequence over and over finding out how many paladin points I got for everything. And then like a month later Corey released his points list. Not that his was completely correct, but still...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#36 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Thepal wrote:That's because most point lists seem to just be people copying each other or hint books, which leads to all sorts of misinformation. All my lists were created through ridiculous amounts of hard work. Which was kinda annoying with the QfG2 paladin points. I spent days/weeks watching that end sequence over and over finding out how many paladin points I got for everything. And then like a month later Corey released his points list. Not that his was completely correct, but still...
BLASPHEMER! YOU DARE INSULT THE VERACITY OF THE GOD OF GLORIANA?

Just kidding. :lol Yeah, we all know he missed the X-Ray Specs invalidation (unless you meant something else he goofed on). The same thing happened with flirting with the Welcome Woman in QfG3. At least AGDI fixed the X-Ray Specs thing. It's a fair trade with waking Merv no longer dropping you below the threshold value.

Thepal
Knight Status

#37 Post by Thepal » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 pm

I found another two points o_0

I had tried this over and over and over back when I was compiling my list. Healing the Meerbat as a Paladin. It would never work. But today, I walked up to the meerbat, gave him a pill, and got two points. So if the initiation thing pans out, I'll end up with 502 points as a Paladin...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#38 Post by Brainiac » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Thepal wrote:I found another two points o_0

I had tried this over and over and over back when I was compiling my list. Healing the Meerbat as a Paladin. It would never work. But today, I walked up to the meerbat, gave him a pill, and got two points. So if the initiation thing pans out, I'll end up with 502 points as a Paladin...
I'd double-check and make sure you didn't just gain a Paladin Ability...

Thepal
Knight Status

#39 Post by Thepal » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:13 am

Yeah, I just realised that and came back to correct myself. I remember doing the exact same thing when compiling the list the last time :p

Thepal
Knight Status

#40 Post by Thepal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Ok... I've just gotten past the initiation in QfG3 and I've run into the same two problems as always:

1. Telling Uhura about the initiation gets me no points
2. I can't ask Uhura about "wife" to get points

I have *never* been able to get those points, despite attempting it many, many times in a variety of ways. The "Talk about Initiation" dialogue is there when I click the mouth on myself, but it achieves nothing. I can't even get Uhura to talk about "wife" or the gifts, except at the cage, and that gives no points.

If someone is able to get those points, could you please send me a saved game of it so I can see it actually happening (and maybe work out why it doesn't work for me)? Thankyou in advance

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#41 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 am

How strange. Give me a little while and I'll set something up. Just to be thorough, you're playing Pallie?

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#42 Post by Dr. Spengler » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:52 am

Just for future noting for WHEN I play Shadows of Darkness, can anyone here tell me the correct color code to get that key in order to get into Castle Borgov? I need the correct code to keep note.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#43 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:02 am

You already have the code; you just wrote it.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#44 Post by Dr. Spengler » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:05 am

Brainiac wrote:You already have the code; you just wrote it.

How? What do you mean?

I can easily forget the code, you know.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#45 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:25 am

You know it's a color code and I told you that you already have the key. Think carefully. Consider using a certain classic piece of mental "trickery" folks use to remember things.

Oh, and Thepal? You might want to reload a past save and try talking to Uhura about marriage after dispelling Johari but before the initiation.

Thepal
Knight Status

#46 Post by Thepal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:11 am

Yup. I'm a Paladin. I've tried everything I can think of. Winning the initiation. Losing the initiation (strangely gives the same dialogue). Winning different parts of the initiation. Winning them in different ways. I'm not getting any points for talking to Uhura about it.

And I can't get her to say anything about my new slave wife when I go to her hut either. She just has the generic dialogue after I get married.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#47 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:46 am

Hmmmm. I could have sworn that worked when I last played it. It's been a while since I concentrated on that section, though. Well, I'll give it a look when I have some free time. In the meantime, try that restore to get the two points for asking Uhura about marriage.

Thepal
Knight Status

#48 Post by Thepal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:35 am

I already have the 2 for asking about marriage. I have everything that was in my points list up to this point. I was just hoping for the extra points (that I've never been able to get) that were discussed earlier in this thread. I'm back to thinking that my point list really is complete and there are no more points.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#49 Post by Brainiac » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:27 am

Thepal wrote:I already have the 2 for asking about marriage.
In that case, you have the two points for Gifts as well. The points for Gifts are there in case you miss the oppurtunity to talk about Marriage with Uhura. If you ask about Marriage at Uhura's hut, you cannot get points for asking about Gifts in the cage area.

As for the three upon discussing the initiation, you might be right - I sem to be unable to trigger them at the moment. I could have sworn I did at one point though. Maybe asking instead of telling? I'll look into it further.

This ticks me off though. I was sure I had a 500-point Pallie once. Maybe I'll dig through ADVRipper4's and ClassicLetsPlay's YouTube playthroughs and see what I can find. Wait...ADVRipper4's a Thief...no help. Bah; this is turning out like SQ4 all over again no matter what I do...

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

#50 Post by Dr. Spengler » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:14 am

Thinking back, you recall how Ad Avis once brought you under his control. You realize that you must avoid looking into his eyes at all costs.

Does anyone know what will happen if you actually look into the evil eyes of Ad Avis in Shadows of Darkness?