Similar dilemma

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Similar dilemma

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am

I've got a bit of extra money for once and I'm trying to decide whether to replace my ever-aging starter's Yamaha guitar with a new slightly less-starter's guitar or get a Wii. My guitar is getting pretty old. I have scotch tape covering the output plug because a screw is missing and the tone knob doesn't even work anymore (plus both the volume and tone knobs are quite loose) and I'm having ever increasing problems with intonation. A new guitar is just what I need. But, all I can afford is maybe a slightly better guitar for my level of playing. Ideally right now I should be getting a good guitar that'll last me for quite a while considering how long I've been playing and my level of ability, but this I cannot afford for the time being. So it may or may not be actually worth it to get a new guitar at this point until I can get an actual decent guitar like a good Gibson SG or something along those lines.

I could get a Wii but it is just another game system and I wouldn't be able to afford any new games right away (unless I get it bundled with Brawl whenever that happens, that would be worth it). I'm really at a loss. Suggestions?

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 am

Personally i'd buy the guitar if given a choice and I don't even play a guitar. I've played Wii a few times, while fun I still prefere my faithful PC. Considering all the brilliant games out there you can play on your pc, weither or not through emulation, to me the few gemes on the newer consoles that aren't possible to be played without the console are just overshadowed by the library of games you have available to you on you PC.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#3 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Well I'd personally go with the Wii cause I'm a game freak. But I have to say get what you feel your most passionate about of which you seem like the type that loves music so go with the guitar.Also the  Wii will probably be cheaper in 4 to 5 years but guitars will always be expensive.

MusicallyInspired

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Good point. A guitar lasts longer too.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#5 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:36 pm

I don't know I still have a front loading NES over at my dads house that still works has the power pad too yep the original work out games

World Class Track Meet
Super Team Games
Track & Field

Of which I don't have Track & Field yet but some day I'll get it.Although the batteries in RPG's I've heard are going dead I still fear for my Secret Of Mana if it ever goes out I'm gonna burst into tears I love that game.Oh well but other than that my games have had a long life.

But then again I don't play guitar so you might be right.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:21 am

MI don't forget that your user name is "MusicallyInspired" Music is your passion, you are most likely to greatly benefit from the new guitar you are a musician follow your heart a Wii IS  just another game system but music lasts a life time and enlightens the soul

MusicallyInspired

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:20 am

The only reason I was debating is because if I do get a new guitar it won't be much better than the one I currently have (just in better condition) so I won't really benefit from the "getting a new guitar" bit of it. It'll just last longer.

I think I am going for a guitar, though. I'm striking a deal with a fellow guitarist who just got a new one himself about getting his old one. It may be cheap enough that I might be able to get both the Wii and the guitar ;).

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:30 am

LOL why the hell do i waste time giving speeches?

MusicallyInspired

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:52 am

Because you care.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 am

Yea I guess all of you hold special places in my heart

MusicallyInspired

#11 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Here it is. Not much better than the one I have but it's in much better condition and looks cooler, too. And it didn't cost me a thing!

http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co. ... s/gtr1.jpg
http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co. ... s/gtr2.jpg
http://brandonblume.commerceculture.co. ... s/gtr3.jpg