Quest for Glory 4 help, this time

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SirFuzzi
Peasant Status

Quest for Glory 4 help, this time

#1 Post by SirFuzzi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Okay, so I import my spiff-and-span new Paladin. He's buff, he's been training magic since his youngin' days in QFG1. I was rather thrilled when I got Lightning Ball in QFG3, because it's awesome and stuff. But I was morbidly disappointed when my importing deleted it! Is there someway to prevent this, or is my Paladin forever forbidden from having Lightning Ball?

Another problem I'm having is I tried to spiff up my audio but I don't seem to have the Resource.aud file. Wherever it went between installation and my running it just now, I have no clue, but I don't have it. If I had the CD still, the situation wouldn't be as dire, but...

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I think, for my semi-frequency, I'll throw an intro in here, too.

My actual name's Dan (good on you if you ever remember that, though) and I've been a very big DOS game fan since I was about... 7 or 8 (and I'm 17 now), where my brother's friend first installed the QFG anthology on our computer. At that time, 1 was the only one I could play; 2 was errorneous and our computer, believe it or not, wouldn't run 3 or 4.

I'm an old-school gamer; I prefer older games to newer ones, simply because people throw out whatever happens to make it on a CD nowadays. That said I love a lot of newer games- most of the Tales Of games, especially Symphonia, are up there in my good books, and my DS collection is running on 15 games right now, too. So I'm far from a gaming-Luddite.

Anyways- love what AGDI is doing (obviously, if you remember my ode) and I'm muchly thankful for any and all help, and especially all the company I can discuss QFG with.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#2 Post by greensenshi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:19 am

The import I can't help with, but the resource.aud is a giant 500 MB file.  You need the CD.  It doesn't install onto your hard drive itself.

SirFuzzi
Peasant Status

#3 Post by SirFuzzi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:43 am

Oh well. I also noticed my Paladin Points disappeared, as well as my Lightnin Ball. My Heal, and other abilities, are gone too. This import was a ripoff!!