World of Warcraft

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Dasilva
Peasant Status

World of Warcraft

#1 Post by Dasilva » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey guys, after a 5 month break from WoW... I've decided to come back and wanted to know if anyone here plays WoW, if enough people are playing it maybe we could start a AGDI guild or something. ;)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: World of Warcraft

#2 Post by Klytos » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:34 pm

I play. I would never join an adventure game guild. My guild is a stack of guys I know from my local town and we meet up at the pub every couple of weeks to have some drinks and enjoy real life. I say I'd never join an adventure guild because we found on our guild a guy who also lived close by and he was alright to converse with in-game, but in real life all he wanted to do was talk about WoW and insisted on referring to us all by our in game character names. Which is stupid - one of my friends is leveling his third character at the moment, so his name is kingofacesiii. Women don't like that sort of talk, which spoils the point of us getting together and drinking IRL. My character is a female night-elf fire mage - I really have little in common with her.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#3 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:02 am

I have avoided it like it is the plague. I'll still play the older Warcraft games (mostly III, but sometimes even I & II just for the heck of it), but I just don't have the time to play World of Warcraft. It looks great though.

gargin
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by gargin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 am

I don't play as much as I used to but I have a bunch of 70's on the Whisperwind server if you ever did anything there I could probably help out when I had the time.

Sandsai
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Sandsai » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:25 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there was an article around the net that quoted the Coles (creators of QfG series) as actually playing WoW and comparing WoW along with Blizz to what Sierra and QfG were back the old day.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:07 am

Yeah, when we met Lori Cole she quickly turned out to be a huge World of Warcraft affictionado. In fact, I think she was more enthusiastic about WoW than she was about QFG. :lol

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#7 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:53 pm

I used to play but i got obssesive and it got bad. My parents were freaking out for awhile. I would get up and play for an hour, go to swim practice, get home and play until about 3, then go back to practice, and then from 630 til 3am i'd play some more. I basically lost the entire summer before my junior year of high school. Everything in my life suffered because of that game. I hate that game, and i won't play it. lol, but it is fun.