Ur-Quan Masters remake

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

XboxNation
Peasant Status

Ur-Quan Masters remake

#1 Post by XboxNation » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:34 am

Version 0.6.2 is out

You can get it here
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

Also a petition is on the site now to send to Activision to make a sequel with the original coders developing the new game! Please sign it as they need to get the support from Activision before they can begin working on the sequel!

Alliance
Knight Status

Re: Ur-Quan Masters remake

#2 Post by Alliance » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:27 am

Man, I loved this game as a kid. I'd play the battle mode with my dad for hours.

I remember rediscovering this when I got into Linux.

It's so good to know that someone bothered to remake this!

XboxNation
Peasant Status

Re: Ur-Quan Masters remake

#3 Post by XboxNation » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 am

Ok I need to tell you, technically it is just a super-duper port. Here's the story: When they made the game for console (Sega or something) the original creators [Fred Ford / Paul Reiche III] retained total rights to that edition of the game. Ev-ery-thing*.

So they're porting it to PC again with enhanced graphics, remixed audio, and it is all fan-based, just like the AGDI stuff is. (RPGs = Pwned by AGDI's, so no contest as far as that is concerned (Although I do shout to Infamous Adventures whose KQ4 remake was pretty fabulous!))

It's really stable right now (.6 build) and the audio is great, everything, really nice. When it goes 1.0 it's going to be awesome also.

They need signatures for that petition because they're going to do a whole new game, an effective reboot, after Ur-Quan Master's timeline.

*Except the name Star Control which is retained by Activision (and featured as the title of a series of typically overdone junker games made by whomever after the original creators were no longer involved.)