It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Posts: 76
One of my fav AGS games got released today, Ben Jordan 7 - The Cardinal Sins. It released just a day off from the release date stated a month back. :)

Code:
http://www.grundislavgames.com/benjordan/case7.php


Your thoughts on it..

Now the only games I am waiting for are..
1. Quest for Glory 2 VGA - Rumored nearing completion, although no release date fixed yet.
2. Apprentice 3 Checkmate - This would have been my No.1 awaited game but for the fact that the production is completely on a halt for the past one year and even estimated for the next year or forever..
3. King Quest 4 Perils of Rosella - Not much info on it's progress but by the developer's last comment, the production has slowed down considerably and they were talking about some contest & demo..
4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm 
Offline
The Master of All Things Musical
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:57 pm
Posts: 4025
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Alanor. wrote:
4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.


http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=67

I suspect it's a ways off, though.

_________________
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100101 00101110


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Posts: 76
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Alanor. wrote:
4. Police Quest 2 VGA - Only heard about this remake but no ideas on it's progress or if it's even ever going to happen.


http://www.novellice.com/theRedPress/?page_id=67

I suspect it's a ways off, though.


You are a member on their forum :) I will take your word for it |I No progress update have been posted there and even the designer journal on the site has been suspended since early 2008.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:35 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Texas
I'm also waiting for Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge remake - I believe it is in it's Alpha testing stage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm 
Offline
The Master of All Things Musical
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:57 pm
Posts: 4025
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Where'd you get that information? I'm just curious as I'm on the SQ2 Remake team.

_________________
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100101 00101110


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:51 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:35 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Texas
Quote:
FROM: Blackthorne

So, I was playing the last Alpha Build of Space Quest 2, and as I watched the game unfold - I started to think about things.


http://www.infamous-adventures.com/index.php?page=view&topic=2808

So I'm hoping that it will be moving on to Beta testing soon..... But then all the available Beta testers might be too busy with Quest for Glory II VGA :rollin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am 
Offline
The Enigma
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 2601
Location: UK
I wouldn't expect to see it in Beta stages any time soon (sorry guys) but we're making some great progress! We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.

But there isn't much left to do, all we have to do is finish a few sprites and animations, edit a few scenes and implement a few ideas we've been talking about like Easter Eggs for example. When it comes to Beta testing, we're going to be taking some extra special care to ensure we don't release something buggy like we did with KQ3. Of course, that was the plan with KQ3 anyway but we'll know when the product is completely finished and ready to ship... I meant upload! :D

_________________
Sweeping Sir James
-----------------
http://www.infamous-adventures.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:35 pm
Posts: 146
Location: Texas
Broomie wrote:
We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.

Oh I thought when Blackthorn said he was playing the last Alpha Build Alpha testing was almost complete, not that he was playing the latest Alpha build... :o Can't wait for this to come out :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 pm 
Offline
The Enigma
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 2601
Location: UK
JonWW wrote:
Broomie wrote:
We're still in the very first stages of Alpha, meaning the game is playable from beginning to end but expect to keep saving every so often to avoid bugs and see some unfinished or WIP sprites as templates whilst playing.

Oh I thought when Blackthorn said he was playing the last Alpha Build Alpha testing was almost complete, not that he was playing the latest Alpha build... :o Can't wait for this to come out :D


Blackthorne is a very silly man and not to be trusted. That's all I'll say on this matter.

_________________
Sweeping Sir James
-----------------
http://www.infamous-adventures.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:19 pm 
Offline
Infamous Sheik of Australia
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:43 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: Rockhampton Australia
I'd even go so far as to say that Blackthorne might not even be a man...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BJ7 Released.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:09 am 
Offline
Trusty Riding Saurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 pm
Posts: 1100
Broomie wrote:
But there isn't much left to do, all we have to do is finish a few sprites and animations, edit a few scenes and implement a few ideas we've been talking about like Easter Eggs for example. When it comes to Beta testing, we're going to be taking some extra special care to ensure we don't release something buggy like we did with KQ3. Of course, that was the plan with KQ3 anyway but we'll know when the product is completely finished and ready to ship... I meant upload! :D
When I played your remake of KQ3 I got stuck (meaning: not being able to move) in a lot of places. Fortunately, the magical map would help with most of those problems. I think I installed the second release with bugfixes. Hope those path bugs got solved, or will be solved in the future, because the game was a blast!
Except the part about cliffs, damn cliffs. :rollin <-- rolls off the cliff
I'm looking forward for SQII. Hope it looks like the demo. Well, not sure about that. :lol

_________________
The moat monsters appreciate your good taste.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group