It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Saying goodbye to priestess in QG3 results in paladin points
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:15 pm 
Peasant Status

Okay, this one I can't figure out.

I decided my plan of attack for the Trial by Fire remake would be to do a perfect-play through QG1 once for each class, then import into the remake. Following the fighter path and importing it into QG3, I decided to muck around in the temple of Sekhmet to see what I could get to happen. In doing so, I noticed something strange...

If you walk into the temple, you get the usual blah blah with the priestess telling you to get out and the statue telling you to return with a gem of the guardian. ...However, if you're quick with the mouse, you can ask her a question or Greet/Goodbye. The questions piss her off and all elicit the same response, the greeting results in a slightly softened "get out" order. The goodbye, though, makes the statue come to life and say "Leave now, human!", and gives you paladin points. Three of them, along with three honor points. Weirder still, if you look at the priestess first or use the hand cursor on her before saying goodbye, you only get two.

This strikes me as seriously wacky. I mean, maybe it's meant to be paladin-y to try to get out as soon as possible and politely as possible, but still. I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of paladin points for QG3, so I dunno. Anyone able to shed any light on this? =)

Post subject: Re: Saying goodbye to priestess in QG3 results in paladin points
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:50 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

The Paladin Points in QfG3 are basically a secondary value of Honor. Every point your Honor goes up from its starting value is duplicated in Paladin Points (up to 100), which then determines your available Paladin Abilities.

Now, if you're thinking about Paladin Points being an extra score like in QfG2, that doesn't happen. You get an extra 50 points like in QfG2 all at once if your Fighter becomes a Paladin right before the end of the game. This only occurs for Fighters; Wizards and Thieves are both completely disqualified this time around. Paladins do get 2 Puzzle Points for each Paladin Ability earned, however.

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 pm 
Peasant Status

No, no, I realize that's how it works... I'm just made curious as to why that particular series of events happens. You say goodbye, you get 3 (or 2) paladin/honor points, the statue tells you to get out, the priestess tells you to get out, the statue tells you to get the gem and come back. It's very odd. =)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:09 am 
Knight Status

In general being polite has the chance to give honor in many places.

You can even build up honor/PP by spamming greetings, but it's pretty damn slow.