Developers and Franchises for Sale (Sierra content)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

Developers and Franchises for Sale (Sierra content)

#1 Post by Chief » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 pm

Developers and Franchises for Sale

The aftershock of the Activision-Blizzard deal begins to be felt

should be interesting to see what happens.. there is a QFG mention on here ----

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documen ... spx?Page=1

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Re: Developers and Franchises for Sale (Sierra content)

#2 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:09 am

Mergers and takeovers always lead to ruin Look at Rhino Video Games,Gamestop and EB Games. Rhino had games for all systems I was about to get the whole Dragon Warrior collection for Nintendo when the merger happened I had already got part 2 and was going to buy 3 and 4 of which 1 can be found pretty cheap anywhere and I found out they were taken to a flea market and they couldn't tell me which one. Talk about some crap and now I have to search Ebay for QFG now too of which with newer games out I'm having trouble saving money for those games but luckily I'm going to be able to get Dragon Warrior 4 for DS which means I'll have the first 4 games 1,2 and 3 on GBC and Dragon Quest 4 on DS but none of them are accurate ports 1,2 and 3 don't look as good as the NES versions and 4 Looks way better so I still want the originals as for QFG I was hoping on a collection but that will never happen just have to save up and go Ebay shopping. >:

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

Re: Developers and Franchises for Sale (Sierra content)

#3 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:58 am

Sweet bejesus. I'm still a student, in other words, basically a hobo with an unfinished MBA...

...and wish it was finished so I could buy those companies and have it done right. Or at least got the intangible (franchise). A majority of people behind those mergers don't realize uncaptured niche markets, or that markets for other types of games still exist. Even if they released them through limited distribution channels and thus got to charge more, but avid gamers would still be able to buy these games, so both sides would be happy...

Man I can't wait to start my own game company with a different agenda.