My QfG4 wizard does not load onto QfG5

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gizzywiz
Peasant Status

My QfG4 wizard does not load onto QfG5

#1 Post by gizzywiz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:40 am

I feel that it may be due with the wizard somehow getting the paladin heal spell, but I am not sure. Does anyone here know how to remove that spell from the sav file?

Goilveig
Knight Status

Re: My QfG4 wizard does not load onto QfG5

#2 Post by Goilveig » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 am

You may just try to re-export the game (and try it with NewRisingSun's patch).

QFG4 is notorious for having a buggy character exporter; 5 tries its best to read the characters but there's no promises.

gizzywiz
Peasant Status

#3 Post by gizzywiz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:00 am

:cry Didn't work.

Is there any sav editors that would allow me to transfer achar with the same stats. I only found ones that max the stats and I do not want that.

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by arganite » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:32 am

gizzywiz wrote::cry Didn't work.

Is there any sav editors that would allow me to transfer achar with the same stats. I only found ones that max the stats and I do not want that.
I actually found it was more beneficial to import a character with max stats from the original Quest For Glory, as it multiplies your stats by 5.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:40 am

arganite wrote:I actually found it was more beneficial to import a character with max stats from the original Quest For Glory, as it multiplies your stats by 5.
Four, actually. QfG5 will not allow any import values to be above 400. And I believe the non-QfG1 spells will be lower than 400 in skill level.

Thepal
Knight Status

#6 Post by Thepal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 am

First of all, have you installed the v1.2 patch? That corrected a lot of the import bugs.

If it still doesn't work, try replaying the QfG4 ending and saving the character again.

If that still doesn't work... I suppose you could try making the character in QfG2 (I think that is the last one that you can easily cheat the stats with...) with stats that will be increased to the correct QfG4 stats (not sure if that will work... What I mean is for example, set Intelligence to 186 in QfG2 and it might double to 372 when importing to QfG5).

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by arganite » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:22 am

Brainiac wrote:
arganite wrote:I actually found it was more beneficial to import a character with max stats from the original Quest For Glory, as it multiplies your stats by 5.
Four, actually. QfG5 will not allow any import values to be above 400. And I believe the non-QfG1 spells will be lower than 400 in skill level.
Ahh, well it has been awhile and I can't find my CD for it, so ill take your word for it ;)

Edit: Yes you are right about the import values. I hadn't played for awhile, which is my excuse. Ill import as a Mage and check the spells. The game crashed for some reason :(.