Favorite Song from QFG4: "Anitra's Dance" by Edvard Grieg

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

R.A.B.I.D.
Peasant Status

Favorite Song from QFG4: "Anitra's Dance" by Edvard Grieg

#1 Post by R.A.B.I.D. » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm

I've long suspected that the "Mordavia Inn" music in Quest for Glory IV originated from a genius classical composer. As it turns out, I was correct; after more than a decade, I became interested in researching its origins and hit pay dirt thanks to the modern Internet. It's a mazurka called "Anitra's Dance" composed by Edvard Grieg.

http://www.kendormusic.com/str2002/8902.htm

That's a link to the sheet music, complete with a high-quality MP3 sample (you can choose to either stream it or download the file to your computer). It's a legitimate site with no pop-ups, flashing ads, or any such nonsense.

Quest for Glory fans will recognize it instantly.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Favorite Song from QFG4: "Anitra's Dance" by Edvard Grieg

#2 Post by Brainiac » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

No offense, but that's been known for a long time by many. A little net searching (Wikipedia, QuestStudios, MobyGames, etc.) would have told you the same.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

Re: Favorite Song from QFG4: "Anitra's Dance" by Edvard Grieg

#3 Post by Asrai » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:47 am

I thought I read on the VU forums years and years ago that several of the songs in QfG4 were at least based on themes from different classical pieces, though maybe not as directly as the Inn's theme. Does anybody know if there's any truth to that, or am I imagining things now too?