KQ5: Problem saving game

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Asb
Peasant Status

KQ5: Problem saving game

#1 Post by Asb » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I've recently started playing the King's Quest games in the King's Quest Collection pack. So far, all the games have run without problems, except for KQ5.

KQ5 runs without any issues, except I can't save the game. When I go to the ,,Save game'' dialogue box, I get the following error message:

,,This directory/disk can hold no more saved games. You must replace one of your saved games or use Change Directory to save on a different directory/disk.''

This happens every time I play KQ5, so I've never been able to save the game and there are no saved games on display in the dialogue box. I've tried entering a new folder name in the Change Directory dialogue box, but I get the following error message: ,,[insert new folder name] is not a valid directory.'' I tried creating a new folder in the kq5 folder on my hard drive, and the game appears to find the folder, using the Change Directory dialogue box, but I just get the same error message about this directory/disk not being able to hold more saved games.

Is this a known issue? If yes, is there a workaround available? Should I try reinstall the Collection? My computer is a 5-year-old IBM Thinkpad R40 laptop with Windows XP. There is not any shortage of hard drive space (I have about 30 gb of free space).

Asb
Peasant Status

Re: KQ5: Problem saving game

#2 Post by Asb » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Never mind,

I was able to find a solution to this problem and am now able to save the game.