New singer on the block in USA

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: New singer on the block in USA

#26 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:38 am

Lol for some reason I've never seen Robot Chicken! I've seen the odd clips but I watched that whole ep you linked there and that is some seriously funny stuff bro!!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#27 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:24 am

Funny?! FUNNY?! The five seconds I referred you to specifically should have instilled unbridled fear within you! :evil

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:59 am

Angelus3K wrote:Lol for some reason I've never seen Robot Chicken! I've seen the odd clips but I watched that whole ep you linked there and that is some seriously funny stuff bro!!
Never seen Robot Chicken? I didn't think such a person existed, especially not among gaming geeks! :p
I have an unhealthy love for Seth Green based solely off his ability to play with dolls.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 am

Lady Pyro wrote:I have an unhealthy love for Seth Green based solely off his ability to play with dolls.
ACTION FIGURES. :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#30 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 am

Yea weird I know, maybe its a UK thing, its only shown on a B class satalite channel so if it was on a more mainstream channel more people would know about it but yea looking forward to watching the first 3 seasons of this!!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#31 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Lol now we really have gotten off topic. This should be split into its own thread.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#32 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Brainiac wrote: ACTION FIGURES. :p
Right, right. Action figures. With their Action Figure accessories and Action Figure houses.
:lol

MusicallyInspired wrote:Lol now we really have gotten off topic. This should be split into its own thread.
Aw but as soon as that happens the conversation always dies.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#33 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm

This is how it was in the old days, threads were made, get discussed to fruition then they would get side tracked (usually by Vildern lol) and the hilarity began!

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#34 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:46 am

TO GEET BACK ON TOPIC the producers for Utada's new album is stargate

# 2001 - Blue - All Rise
# 2002 - Atomic Kitten - It's OK!
# 2002 - Blue - One Love
# 2003 - Mis-teeq - Scandalous
# 2006 - Ne-Yo - So Sick
# 2006 - Rihanna - Unfaithful
# 2006 - Lionel Richie - I Call It Love
# 2006 - Jessica Simpson - I Belong to Me
# 2006 - Beyonce - Irreplaceable
alo here is the cover to the lead single

and here is the offical IDJ Press release

UTADA TO UNVEIL NEW SINGLE “COME BACK TO ME”

(January 21 -New York, NY) In the small world of pop artists who write their own music enters the big voice of artist/songwriter Utada who is set to reveal her new single “Come Back to Me” this month. Utada, already one of the world's biggest recording artists, will release her new album on March 24, 2009 on The Island Def Jam Music Group.

“Come Back to Me”, the soulful yet energetic ballad produced by the hitmaking team Stargate (Ne-Yo, Rihanna, Beyonce), will officially debut on pop radio on February 9th and will be available via iTunes. The sparkling, mid-tempo hit showcases the 26-year-old singer's powerful husky-sweet vocals and natural effervescence, placing her indisputably into the landscape with major female artists like Madonna, Beyonce, Rihanna and Mariah Carey.

Utada's forthcoming album is comprised of 10 self-penned songs recorded with top producers Stargate and Tricky (Britney Spears, Madonna, Mariah Carey). Recording took place in New York, Atlanta and Tokyo.

On creating the album Utada comments, “I like to make music that's mutli-layered. You might just want to dance, without really diving into the lyrics. And then if you like words, you might notice the references I make to Captain Picard or Winona Ryder. Both things are equally important to me—to be catchy, so when you hear it on the radio it sticks out, and to have that depth. "

Producer Stargate comments, “Working with Utada was great. She walks in, has confidence about her, integrity, and a voice that you can't believe. We were really blown away.”

Born and raised in Manhattan and educated at Columbia University, Hikaru Utada had strong ties to Japan as her father, Utada Teruzane, was an accomplished musician and producer and her mother, Keiko Fuji, was a successful Japanese enka (ballad) singer. With such a musically prolific family, Utada would reside between New York City and Tokyo and the recording studio literally became her second home. By age 11, Utada had written and recorded her first song. By the time she graduated from junior high school, the bi-lingual singer had signed onto a major record label EMI and released her first Japanese album. With a number of album and single releases over the last ten years in Japan, the young star has become one of the most successful and acclaimed pop singers in Japanese music history with record sales of over 52 million.

www.utada.com

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#35 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey guys check out some song previews here
http://utada.jp/uicl1088.html
FYI in full here
http://www.ilike.com/artist/Utada/track ... ence+-+FYI