The Janitorial Times Gets a Facelift

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

The Janitorial Times Gets a Facelift

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:03 pm

A lot of you probably don't know this, but I've been working hard over the past week or so to include The Janitorial Times (SpaceQuest.Net's forums) into The Sierra Forum Gateway which is basically a hub forum with a bunch of redirects to Sierra forums from all over. All participating forums have a redirect link at the top of their forums back to the gateway so that the entire Sierra community can be easily accessed. This helps increase traffic and everyone can find what they want for many of Sierra's older products. The Janitorial Times has been on its list for a while but it's official inclusion in the gateway is now complete with its own link back to the gateway.

It didn't come easy, though. The forums had to be upgraded from phpBB2.0.20 to phpBB3.0.4. Frans didn't have the time to do it himself so he upgraded my status on the forums to admin and gave me his blessing to make the upgrade myself. The forums have been down all morning because I've been hard at work trying to tidy everything up and make it post-ready again. The initial conversion was no problem at all, but I had to make a new forum theme to replace the old one. The Solaris theme (the one from the old boards with the planet at the top) doesn't yet have a phpBB3.x version so I took a theme named AcidTech Tiger and changed around some of the graphics to be more Space Quest-y.

I hope all of you who visit the JT forums find it appealing and acceptable and if you have any problems with the new board please let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Hopefully this upgrade and the inclusion into the Sierra Forums Gateway will spur some new interest in posting on the JT again and perhaps this time with a community that's not so isolated, as the JT seems to have been in the past.

So post away and enjoy!