Music by Von Richter

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Music by Von Richter

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:55 am

Besides the awesome side-project that is the Metroid fangame Metroid:SR388 (if you haven't heard of it google the trailer it's amazing), Von Richter also composes music freelance. I visited his MySpace page and listened to a song by him entitled Parachute. I don't usually share music I come across online very much but this is the first time in a long time that I've heard where the music touched me in a way that I haven't felt since I was young and used to listen to music just to get lost in it, so I just needed to share it. The music is so ethereal and beautiful and unusual I love it. It's very almost experimental in its composition and mixing decisions. If there's one thing I admire in a song it's that. If there are other music lovers out there who love getting lost in musical landscapes you may want to give this a listen.

Parachute - Track 2

Click on the Parachute track on the player. My only wish is that the whole track was available in higher quality. But the excerpt is over 4 minutes itself.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Re: Music by Von Richter

#2 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 am

That's awesome! I also looked up that game it's gonna be awesome too. But to add to the awesomeness Metroid The movie I found a trailer while searching for the game. And thats not all Zelda the movie This year will be one of the greatest years ever. I'm gigglin like a school girl with excitement. Oh I believe Youtube had the videos if no one believes me. :D

MusicallyInspired

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

That's not the one with footage from the Super Metroid commercial is it? With Metroid Metal tracks? That's a fake and has been around for a while.

As far as the John Woo Metroid movie goes, don't think that's ever going to happen. The Zelda trailer was an April fool's joke from last year or something. I remember seeing it, but it wasn't real.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Lady Pyro » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Oh I like it!

Edit: The song that is. I haven't seen at any of the trailers (fake or otherwise) that you guys were talking about.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#5 Post by DrJones » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 pm

I did enjoy the Metroid trailers, but I think they show too much and also have too much text in them. That's a pretty common flaw among fan games, putting tons of lines on their trailers because they think it's cool, some even go for minutes before the real intro begins. :cry

However, I didn't like Von Richter's music. Maybe it's because of artifacts in the compression, the altered voices and my awful sound card, but it sounded too shrill.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:45 pm

That is a weird, yet beautiful song!

MusicallyInspired

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:59 pm

I don't think it's shrill. It's definitely over-produced. A lot going on. But that's what I love about it. Adds to the charm. And all the while that steady beat is keeping on in the background even in the loud chorus section carrying it all through the song. What an atmosphere.