Forlorn Dream by Ryan8Bit (King's Quest V inspired)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Violet Nova
Peasant Status

Forlorn Dream by Ryan8Bit (King's Quest V inspired)

#1 Post by Violet Nova » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:38 pm

I wanted to share this with everyone here. I found this song awhile back, and was completely blown away by it. This guy is amazingly talented.

Code: Select all

http://www.ryan8bit.com/music/Ryan8bit_-_Forlorn_Dream(King's_Quest_V).mp3

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Forlorn Dream by Ryan8Bit (King's Quest V inspired)

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Heard this a long time ago. I've talked to him before, too. Good guy. He's one of the few contributors to the Dwelling of Duels monthly competitions that appreciates old Sierra adventure games. Should also listen to his "The Wizards' Accord" track based on KQ5 as well. It's a lot better, even though Forlorn Dream is pretty good.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Forlorn Dream by Ryan8Bit (King's Quest V inspired)

#3 Post by Brainiac » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:05 pm

I'd heard that one before as well. Hercrabbiness, a Sierra LPer, posted it on YouTube last Christmas.

I actually checked into the song's position in the Dwelling of Duels. It actually got second place at the end of 2004 - the winning track was Ninjascape by Ashane, based off of the original Ninja Gaiden 2.

MI mentioned Ryan8Bit's The Wizard's Accord. That one also won second place (though it was a tie) in the April 2006 duel dealing with American adventure games. The co-silver was also from KQ5 - A Willow that Weeps by Danimal Cannon. The winner was a medley composed of Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island - Look Behind You by virt.