Hero6 put on indefinite hiatus

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Hero6 put on indefinite hiatus

#1 Post by DrJones » Mon May 04, 2009 11:42 am

Quote from deltamatrix:
Anyway, Hero6 is not being developed right now and seems to be on an indefinite hiatus. I am the lead programmer and currently in charge of uploading new internal alpha demos and I haven't been able to do any work on the damn game for a long time due to other life commitments. I am personally doubtful Hero6 will ever be complete as the passion and the interest within is gone.

Unfortunately the coles were the only ones to get the QFG formula right. But since QFG2VGA came out, i've noticed my interest in QFG suddenly fade. However I do believe that if Hero6 was ever released as it was meant to be, it'll be one fantastic game. But a true QFG styled game with a suitable plot is far more difficult that you realise.
It seems the development hell was too much for the team. Will they release anything before their domain expires this july?

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Hero6 put on indefinite hiatus

#2 Post by Broomie » Mon May 04, 2009 12:20 pm

That's a shame. I actually got to play this and it was really good. It was bound to happen to the project sooner or later.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon May 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Not surprising, but at least we have a sort of official statement for closure now.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Mon May 04, 2009 6:29 pm

From what I heard of the goingons behind the scenes, it did indeed seem that the game slowly came to a standstill. I'm not certain if a "final official" notice of closure will actually be released, before or after the date that was mentioned, because officially pulling the plug on a project is something the project leader needs to do and Hero6 has no true leader as far as I know, so a member coming out and saying "the game is officially cancelled" may or may not result in another member countering with "wait a second, that's YOUR opinion. We may finish it some day!" Tricky stuff.

I do relate to Deltamatrix...finetuning stuff is boring, particularly complex stuff like QFG-style games. Seeing how the fangame community is slowly quieting down, the chances of people with enough vigor to finish that mammoth task coming up and putting in the necessary months/years are slim.

I do believe that if Hero6 is not meant to be finished, it deserves a more dignified seeing-off than an eternal time in the "someday"-phase.