Is this the best game ever done?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Is this the best game ever done?

#1 Post by DrJones » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 pm

I have to tell you about this game, because I've never ever been so excited for a game as I'm now. And I'm not exaggerating a bit! In twenty-many years I haven't seen ANYTHING remotely like this game. It's totally unbelievable, it caught all game reviewers in the net by surprise and they couldn't do anything save giggling and laughing and claiming it had to be magic!!! It was done by a small company and featured last week in the E3, and it was unanimously declared GAME OF THE SHOW by GameSpot, GameSpy, Kotaku, IGN, and Gametrailers!

Game Developers of games with budgets over 50M$ went there to test it because that was the only game they wanted to play in the whole E3, and they were seen bouncing with Joy and saying "I want to play, I want to play"!!!

But was so incredible about this game? It's called Scribblenauts, and it's a handled game for the DS with cute but simple graphics. What's is incredible is the premise it uses. You have to get some stars called Starites, which are located in hard to reach places, and you do so by writing a word, ANY WORD, and what you write is instantly summoned where you want, AND IT BEHAVES LIKE THE REAL THING!!! Have to reach a star on the top of a tree? Bring up a Ladder, or a Lumberjack and an Axe, or a Beaver, or a trampoline. All these work! :eek
You can also summon a goldfish, a portrait, a toy horse and the Titanic. And they won't help you get the star, but you can summon them anyways. You can summon an accountant and it will be there SMILING AT YOU. It's CRAZY. I've seen people summon a panda on a motorcycle with a crown in its head, and ride him on a ramp to jump a pit of FIRE!! I've seen people trying homonyms and get the game ask which one of the items you meant, and I've seen people trying to write Moon, writing Moob instead, and have the game ask if they wanted to summon a 'Moon' or a 'Noob' instead. :rollin

The vocabulary in the game seems limitless, it has jobs, tools, dinosaurs, mythological monsters, historical figures (including several game reviewers that wrote their name AND FOUND THEY WERE IN THE GAME), and even internet MEMES. And they ALL WORK AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!! Medusa converts you into stone, a zombie makes you a zombie, YOU CAN REANIMATE A CORPSE BY TYING A WIRE TO IT AND SUMMONING A THUNDER! YOU CAN TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH IN TIME, AND YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN LEVELS AND SHARE THEM WITH FRIENDS!

And it will be released in a whole lot of languages, even Norgewian!! I don't have a DS, but I'm going to pick any s***** job this summer just to buy one and THREE copies of the game, in all three languages I understand. Good luck I only speak three languages. :rollin

Look at images, comments and videos here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364053 :D

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Is this the best game ever done?

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:53 pm

I've read about the buzz surrounding this game and it does seem like our cup of tea but I'm not going to announce a game as the best game ever done or even game of the year before it's even released. :p