Has anyone else seen this stop-animation clip?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Has anyone else seen this stop-animation clip?

#1 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nir9TjozWvU&fmt=18

It supposedly came out in the 80's, I do know it's from one of those Mark Twain stories and that it has a deep meaning too it....unfortunately I'm either too naive or too lazy to figure it out...although I'm sure it's obvious what the meaning is. So I guess that would make me stupid too? Whatever.

I found it interesting, and in a random moment of pure randomness, I figured I'd share it with you all because I thought some of you might like to watch it too. Erpy, sorry if this is considered 'Spam', delete the whole topic if you flippin' want. :|

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Has anyone else seen this stop-animation clip?

#2 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:18 pm

I saw it when I was younger; it's The Adventures of Mark Twain. I don't really remember much besides the connection Twain felt with Halley's Comet. That's probably because the film is more geared to an adult level of thinking, despite its form.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:51 pm

I didn't watch the clip, but I assume it's the part where they're talking to Lucifer and creating the clay people. The Movie is defiantly worth a watch. The premise is that Mark Twain has created an airship that houses him and his stories as they attempt to hitch a ride on Haley's comet (That appeared at Twain's birth and four days before his death) to take him from this world. Tom Sawyer and his crew stow on board and are treated and tormented to the mood swings of both Twain and his creations.
It's a good mix of humor and in parts, more then a little disturbing. I suggest it to anyone who likes animation and Twain.

I'm not sure how deep it is, but that clip itself (if I remember it correctly) is from a story Twain wrote right after his wife died. It just seems to be about how expendable life can be and how cruel those controlling our fate (be they Angel or Devils) are, seeing humans as worthless, toying with us for fun.
But don't worry, we can always make more. (<- cynicism)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 pm

I saw time ago that youtube clip, but didn't watch it fully. I was looking for creepy things to scare my gothic friends and it worked. ;)