Prepare...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Prepare...

#126 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 pm

gamecreator wrote:Cool. What kind of work? Did he compose some music?
No, not music. He worked on adding some sound effects.
Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I'm 90 percent sure these two statements are true. Especially since MI has done work for IA so it works either way..
Nope. We've never worked on or taken over an IA title. As I said, our agreement with Vivendi/Activision doesn't allow that. Nor would we draw unwanted legal attention to other fangame teams (nor legal issues upon ourselves) as a result of this.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#127 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon May 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I'm 90 percent sure these two statements are true. Especially since MI has done work for IA so it works either way. The only thing I can't figure out is the word ending in X. I figure it's some sort of synonym to remake. Bust out your thesauruses lads.
You can go ahead and be 0% sure now.

Here's another hint: The title is 8 words long. Maybe this will lay to rest any false assumptions of late. Don't assume to "know" anything. I already said it had nothing to do with IA. AGD2 didn't just say it wasn't started by AGDI he also said it wasn't announced by AGDI. And I didn't say it had anything to do with AGDI. All I said was that it was announced. Honestly, I don't know where all this AGDI hype came from...

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#128 Post by pbpb33 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:02 am

Hmmm, now I'm even more suspicious and curious, but I'm not sure what to think. 8))

What I find particularly interesting is what AGD2 and MI have *not* said (unless I'm forgetting something); that is, neither has said categorically that AGDI has no involvement with this mystery game. MI previously said that the game has nothing to do with IA, but he never gave (or did he?) the same kind of flat-out denial with regard to AGDI. Similarly, rather than give a simple, unambiguous "we have nothing to do with the mystery project" response, AGD2 did sort of a semantic dance in describing what games AGDI has "started" (and also may have done a tiny bit of obfuscating when bringing up contracts), seemingly intending to lead readers to a particular conclusion without exactly coming out and saying it. Now, maybe I'm way off on all this, but I think the apparent ambiguity in some of AGD2's responses here stands in stark contrast to his total lack of ambiguity in his posts elsewhere.

It makes me think... something curious is afoot here involving AGD2 and MI! :D

Now I'm very curious to see what MI's mystery game is!! A screenshot or even partial screenshot would be nice, by the way. :D

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#129 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 am

AGDI is not working on any of MI's games, nor on any of IA's games, nor on any other fan-team's games. We are not currently developing any mystery project.

As I mentioned in another thread, we're having enough trouble progressing with our next Himalaya title after losing several workers, and there's only so much we can add to our plate.

rugged
Defense Minister Status

#130 Post by rugged » Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 am

Out of interest how is progress on the Himalaya game going? Did I read on your twitter that you have a casual game in development as well an adventure game?

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#131 Post by pbpb33 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:55 am

Aw, I guess it's back to square one for me with the guesses. :D

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#132 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Heh. Isn't it funny, what kind of world we live in now? People are always jumping to the conspiracy theory/collaboration theories when they hear about some kind of "secret".

Believe me, there's no secret collaboration between groups or whatever. It just happens to be that MI's talents are in demand, and he's done work for a variety of people.

Bt

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#133 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Just to get it all in one spot and to make it easier to comb through I've compiled the posts I deem important in one easy to look at piece, I may add my speculation to it later. This is not definitive or confirmation this is just what I think on it and I have no association with any game making anything. Really though, you guys play puzzle solving games, I know you do. That's what makes this thread so fun. Quotes without names attached are usually MI unless otherwise stated.
MusicallyInspired wrote:
In an attempt to save this from a simple (and pointless) "I know something that you don't know!" thread, I'll be more specific in saying that it's within the interest boundaries of the adventure community: it is an adventure game. One that perhaps many have been waiting for. But I won't give any more hints after this or responses for fear that if someone guesses it and I suddenly say I'm not answering any more questions without answering them, there won't be speculation as to if one of the questions asked were right on the money or not (that sentence hurts my head, but I'm gonna leave it).

So, no more hints. It's an adventure game. A good one. In the very classiest sense. So from here on in just speculate amongst yourselves.
The game title starts with a "K" and ends with an "X" (which is not a roman numeral).
Blackthorn wrote:Here's a clue... weird....

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/down ... Trans2.gif

Bt
While I think this is a red herring it does show that Bt either is causing trouble or knows the answer.
It's related to an as yet unresolved, unfinished, well-known and engaging storyline. In fact, in a way, it could be seen as a conclusion to said storyline, given the correct circumstances in the game (or a stalemate to it otherwise). But the main focus of the game isn't about it directly.
Gap from August to November
It's almost here. Be ready. And as I said: prepare....won't be long now.
Gap from November to March
blackthorne wrote: No, I'm not working on the project MI's talking about - to clear that up.

But all these conjectures are a lot of fun. It's nice to see people talking about this stuff again. I was beginning to think no one was interested anymore!

I also happen to think that it's more than one word - the first word begins with K and the last one ends in X.

Bt
Ok maybe he doesn't know anything
This game has nothing to do with Infamous Adventures.
In Response to the SQ4 image
I've posted no pictures, so no.
Damn that Blackthorne

Me claiming I knew what it was. I didn't just an idea.

The most interesting part of the thread was Phpb3 posting
Maybe it's King's Quest 3, Part Deux.
Kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEc-9hIdK0E
and then MI posting:
I don't know if I can give any more hints without giving it away...
This is what cemented my hypothesis
Beta testing is very close to being finished. The bulk of beta testing is complete, anyway. It's just waiting to get some other things out of the way before it's finally released.

Here's another hint: This game was actually announced a certain amount of time ago (not by me, and not by AGDI just in case people are thinking in that direction). People seem to have forgotten about it, though.
Lines up with what I was thinking.
No KQ4 projects.
Well damn I was wrong the whole time. But as Pheonix Wright says, if you remove the deceit only the truth remains.

Posted that I had figured it out (really just had another guess)
I'll throw in another hint: This storyline which is engaging, well-known, unfinished, and also not entirely the main focus of the game's main storyline, was also a source of great controversy when it first went public, and still is to this day among some people.
it lines up again
The controversy came about because many disagreed with the change of direction it took. Labeling it desecration (paraphrasing). But many loved it also. Hence the controversy.
hmm
AGC2 wrote: Just to clear things up, whatever this mystery game is, it wasn't ever announced or started by Tierra/AGDI. The only games we've started are King's Quest 1 & 2, Quest for Glory 2, Space Quest 2 (canceled), and Royal Quest (canceled). Sorry, MI, if this narrows down the guessing field. But I wanted to give a definitive statement on this.
It still works technically.
Blackthorne519 wrote:QFGFan doesn't have inside info, but the information needed is all in this thread. Good on ya, Rob.

Bt
Bt is pondering what I'm pondering
AGC2 wrote:
Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I'm 90 percent sure these two statements are true. Especially since MI has done work for IA so it works either way..
Nope. We've never worked on or taken over an IA title. As I said, our agreement with Vivendi/Activision doesn't allow that. Nor would we draw unwanted legal attention to other fangame teams (nor legal issues upon ourselves) as a result of this.
By quoting part of the serious and part of the joke post you get confirmation on both
You can go ahead and be 0% sure now.
There it is

AGC2 wrote:AGDI is not working on any of MI's games, nor on any of IA's games, nor on any other fan-team's games. We are not currently developing any mystery project.

As I mentioned in another thread, we're having enough trouble progressing with our next Himalaya title after losing several workers, and there's only so much we can add to our plate.
Damnit! Well I'm out of ideas. Although it IS MI's thread, not an official AGDI thread.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#134 Post by Angelus3K » Tue May 04, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm going to attempt to use the LHC to give myself a FlashForward and see what games get released!

Now, how to break into one of the worlds most advanced scientific sites and use it's powers for my own evil gain...

haradan
Knight Status

#135 Post by haradan » Tue May 04, 2010 7:17 pm

So QFGF, you were thinking a KQ4? Mmhh...

Man, I'm clueless. Everyone seems to be beating around the bush, and AGC2's replies do not confirm or deny anything, really.

I think AGDI knows about this game, even if it's not theirs, since they seems to be playing with words in order to confuse us (more) :lol

I think it's pointless trying to guess the word or words that start with K and finish with X, even if it's a remake of a game we all know it's obvious the title is changed so we have no way of guessing it.

Probably the best hint is that the game was announced by someone (not AGDI, not MI) in the past. But what games were announced?

Without searching for it, I recall: Colonel's Bequest (Jodokast first, then a more recent announcement) , Police Quest 2 (don't remember by whom) and King's Quest 4 (Magic mirror games). But that's just some games that were announced in these forums, it could have been announced in IA's forums or AGS' forums or somewhere else.

MI, could we know where it was announced, or that would be giving way too much? ;)

MusicallyInspired

#136 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Although it IS MI's thread, not an official AGDI thread.
I'd just like to emphasize this for posterity.

And no, I'm not going to say where it was announced. It was within adventure circles, though.

haradan
Knight Status

#137 Post by haradan » Tue May 04, 2010 8:19 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:And no, I'm not going to say where it was announced. It was within adventure circles, though.
Well, can't blame me for trying... :lol

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#138 Post by pbpb33 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Such a mystery! :D

I just want to say that I never meant to suggest any kind of nefarious conspiracy between groups... I was just having fun with it and writing in a silly way. My idea was that maybe MI (not IA) was working with AGDI (sort of like how the Coles worked on games for both Legend and Sierra), but we now know that's not the case. Although AGD2 did not say, "AGDI has nothing to do with the game MI is talking about in this thread" (AGD2 said there was no involvement with "MI's games," "IA games" and "other teams' games"), I'm going to assume that's what he meant. Until AGD2's recent comments in the last few days, I never assumed it had anything to do with AGDI.

Anyway, I feel stumped! By the way, where was the game announced? in a forum somewhere? On YouTube? Also, is MI himself even involved with this game? Reading through MI's hints again, one thing that stands out is that none of MI's hints use the words "we" or "I".
Last edited by pbpb33 on Wed May 05, 2010 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

MusicallyInspired

#139 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 pm

On a forum.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#140 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:12 am

rugged wrote:Out of interest how is progress on the Himalaya game going? Did I read on your twitter that you have a casual game in development as well an adventure game?
On the RPG/Adventure game project, things aren't progressing as quickly as intended, but progress is being made.

And yes, we've been working on a casual title for release on the portals. Though it's more of an experiment than anything else. It probably won't resonate as much with the adventure game crowd. Although some people might be interested in checking it out, as I believe it's the first game of its type to be made in AGS.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#141 Post by pbpb33 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:29 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:On a forum.
Oops, I didn't even see that you had just said you weren't going to say where it was announced. Sorry about that.

My best guess so far is this: AGDI is involved in some way, even though it seems that the game was announced and started by someone else. AGD2's responses are not what you'd expect from someone who has nothing to do with this game. They are too carefully worded and dance around the issue of AGDI's possible involvement with this project. Or maybe I'm just seeing something there that isn't there? AGD2 said that AGDI is not involved with "MI's game" nor any "mystery project". But maybe he doesn't consider the game to which MI is referring to be "MI's game" or a "mystery project"?

Also, MI has said a few times that the game wasn't "announced" by AGDI. He used that wording a couple times. That's just strange to me. If AGDI was not involved, he would have just said that AGDI was not involved. But in saying it the way he did, it was if he wanted to leave the impression that AGDI had no involvement, but for some reason couldn't say exactly that.

Instead, he said this:
"And I didn't say it had anything to do with AGDI."
Of course, he didn't say it didn't have anything to do with them, either... when he could have. If AGDI were not involved, then even slightly leaving open the possibility of AGDI being involved (as the quote above does), and doing so on an AGDI-hosted and moderated forum, seems like a bold thing to do... and also unlikely, in my opinion. Add to that AGD2's posts which didn't totally shut the door on the question of AGDI's involvement, and I'm left with the conclusion that AGDI is involved.

Also, re-reading this hint made me curious:
"Here's another hint: This game was actually announced a certain amount of time ago (not by me, and not by AGDI just in case people are thinking in that direction). People seem to have forgotten about it, though."

It's like a masked bank robber successfully robbing a bank on Main Street, then later after never being identified, telling people, "I never robbed any banks on Main Street, just in case people are thinking in that direction." ... even though no one may have been suspecting him, at least not until he brought it up.

Another possibility is just that MI wanted to mention AGDI at the time since this is an AGDI-hosted forum.

Now watch... next we'll see AGD2 post, "We have nothing to do with the game that MI is referring to in this thread." :o At which point I'd be totally lost and out of straws to grasp at.
Last edited by pbpb33 on Wed May 05, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#142 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed May 05, 2010 12:11 pm

interesting post. It's certainly giving me ideas. I think it's AGDI related simply because all the clues line up with Kings Quest. The controversy, the previously announced by, Starts with a K.

"The Storyline which is engaging, well-known, unfinished and also not entirely the main focus of the game's main storyline, was also a source of great controversy when it first went public, and still is to this day among some people"

This can only be Gabriel Knight 4 (They were all somewhat controversial) or The Father storyline introduced in KQ2VGA+ which seems more likely.

The Game was never announced by AGDI means 2 things. It's not a remake of a completed project (duh) and it's not Royal Quest or Space Quest 2 (duh). It could also mean that that announcement could very well be this thread. After all nothing in here has been announced and MI is doing work for a variety of people. Since it was previously announced on the forums the game can be any one of many abandoned fan ventures... I suppose it doesn't have to be abandoned either... 8 words Long... I've figured it out

"King's Quest Nine, For real real this time...X"

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#143 Post by pbpb33 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:
"King's Quest Nine, For real real this time...X"
:lol hahaha. I love that title.

Maybe the X is part of an emoticon, by the way, that didn't have to count as one of the words!

Hmmm... which is most fitting... take your pick:

x_O O_x punched in the face
:X sealed lips or embarrassed
x_x dead or unconscious

Me? I'm going with punched in the face!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#144 Post by Brainiac » Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

pbpb33 wrote:Maybe the X is part of an emoticon, by the way, that didn't have to count as one of the words!
Suddenly I'm reminded of Grog XD...

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#145 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:47 pm

"We have nothing to do with the game that MI is referring to in this thread."
I wouldn't say that exactly. Some AGDI members know what the game in question is. So it's not exactly true to say we have "nothing to do with the game" in a literal sense.

However, AGDI is only legally allowed to work on specific titles, and given the recent Activision C&D against the KQ9 project, we really don't want false rumours to start spreading around the internet about unauthorized AGDI games that could draw Activision's attention our way before we've had an opportunity to release the newest versions of KQ1VGA, KQ2VGA, and QFG2VGA. That would be a year's worth of work down the drain. We don't need to be shut down right now. So please keep the heat off of AGDI... we can do without the unwanted attention, if you know what I mean.

That's why I felt the need to make a statement in this thread.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#146 Post by pbpb33 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:13 pm

That's why I felt the need to make a statement in this thread.
That's scary. Now I really feel bad. :( That possible danger never really occurred to me.

This is me with regard to any guesses related to AGDI....
:X ("sealed lips" emoticon that I posted three replies up)
Brainiac wrote:Suddenly I'm reminded of Grog XD...
Wow, I had never seen that. That is absolutely hilarious. I feel bad for the reporter, though... it seemed like he was very sincere in wanting to protect kids!! If he had to err on the job, at least he erred with the honorable aim of protecting kids.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#147 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm

MusicallyInspired could you at least tell us if this mystery game will have a speech pack or not please ?

John

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#148 Post by crayauchtin » Fri May 07, 2010 7:36 am

I just wanted to let you all know that I've figured out that.....

I really don't know. Anything.

But the anticipation of finding out is killing me.

From the sounds of it, I think the controversial game in question is Mask of Eternity though -- because MI did not JUST say it was controversial, he said it was controversial because of the direction the game took. Most of the controversy with MoE had less to do with it being Connor and not a member of the royal family (not that that didn't suck, but I think most people thought it was live-with-able). The problem was that the attempts made to move the adventure game genre in 3-D turned the game into a violent bloodbath, and used the King's Quest name to do it.
That seems more like a controversy regarding the direction of the game than, for instance, the Father plotline in KQ2+.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#149 Post by gamecreator » Fri May 07, 2010 5:20 pm

I don't have the time to Google thoroughly but this got me excited for a second.
Kyrandia Forest Theme Guitar Mix
Except, of course, it's not a game. Nor is it 8 words long.

Edit: God, MI, you've posted on TONS of forums. :P

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#150 Post by Spikey » Fri May 07, 2010 7:42 pm

The X, not a roman numeral.

Also, I suspect it won't be referring to jupiter in hermetic qabbalah, so what about something in the fashion of 'Project X'?