LucasArts Revival

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

LucasArts Revival

#1 Post by Brainiac » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, the official announcement that was teased from the LucasArts Twitter has been revealed, and it's a slight letdown (but only slight)...Steam downloads of the classic catalog (including the VGA talkie Loom - I would have preferred the FM-Towns version).

However, at the new collaborative Twitter channel, LECSteam, the REALL big news has been revealed...MI2: Special Edition is slated for August 25th. Dominic Armato in all MI titles...score.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: LucasArts Revival

#2 Post by DrJones » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:15 pm

If the Last Crusade is VGA and has spanish and japanese support, I might buy that one, even though I already own the EGA version with Grial diary included. ScummVm doesn't emulate the japanese version at all.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm

SWEEET!!! Where's the news about MI2:SE, though? I can't find it anywhere.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:15 pm

It was on the LECSteam channel but it was apparently removed. Looks like they screwed up and posted early...shades of Meet the Spy, perhaps.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:53 pm

All in all you have to say 2009 has been the year of the adventure revival, I mean none of us would of thought this was ever possible 5 years ago.

I just hope whoever now owns the Sierra IP does a similar thing and re-releases all the old Quest series and remakes of them! I'd die for a Special Edition HD remake of KQ6!!

I'm sure none of that will ever happen but we can hope, hell LucasArts might even buy the IP from Activision, thats more likley than them remaking themselves lol!!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Angelus3K wrote:All in all you have to say 2009 has been the year of the adventure revival, I mean none of us would of thought this was ever possible 5 years ago.

I just hope whoever now owns the Sierra IP does a similar thing and re-releases all the old Quest series and remakes of them! I'd die for a Special Edition HD remake of KQ6!!

I'm sure none of that will ever happen but we can hope, hell LucasArts might even buy the IP from Activision, thats more likley than them remaking themselves lol!!
On the other hand, we probably will end with something like Leisure suit Larry: Office Bust. :rolleyes

It's like asking the Warner Brothers to produce nowadays something of the quality of the old cartoons of Chuck Jones. They can't, because even though they have the rights of the characters, the talent is no longer there.

MusicallyInspired

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Brainiac, was it officially announced that LECSteam would be an actual collaborative official Twitter? It might just be a hoax created by some disgruntled fans.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#8 Post by DrJones » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:35 pm

It seems that the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade version on Steam will come from a previously unreleased CD version. :eek

If it comes in five languages like the Monkey Island one and has graphic icons I'll buy it for sure. Need more info.

MusicallyInspired

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Get it anyway. Show your support! I'm buying them all as soon as I can afford it.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:Brainiac, was it officially announced that LECSteam would be an actual collaborative official Twitter? It might just be a hoax created by some disgruntled fans.
It was search-listed on the LucasArtsGames Twitter here. I suppose it's possible someone poached the name, but I doubt LucasArts and Steam would be that unprepared.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#11 Post by DrJones » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:59 pm

I don't know, because they say they have fixed a lot of bugs, and I've played the game so much that I would miss them, specially the easy way to bypass the dog on the castle.

I would then reward the dog for being such a nice puppy, and because its animation rocks. :lol

I *love* german shepherds! I once had one that was the best dog ever. I miss him so much. :cry

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Okay, so far the LucasArts Twitter has posted a "tease" code for all four adventure games on Steam and I noticed that the Sierra Twitter account is a follower of its ancient adventure rival's account. Sign of things to come?