Al Lowe video

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Al Lowe video

#1 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 pm

I felt sort of like a stalker watching this video (link below) that Al Lowe posted of his nice family enjoying Christmas morning (he's on film at the end and he narrates a bit of it), but wanted to share it with other Al Lowe fans. It seems like Al Lowe is very accessible and stays in touch with fans. Anyone else been in touch with other Sierra designers in recent years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl9JEXxAWyg

and this one is the cutest thing ever... he has such a nice family:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcD6e5rCFI

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: Al Lowe video

#2 Post by Klytos » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:08 am

That's pretty cool mate, thanks for the links!

Through my "work" at Infamous Adventures I've been in contact with a number of ex-Sierra employees. Josh Mandel is probably the most accessible of them all and is just a really great guy, always ready to help out. I've spoken with Lori Cole in the past, although the AGD's and Erpy have much better stories about actually meeting her! I've chatted with Scott Murphy, Mark Crowe, Al Lowe, Leslie Baufaur and Andy Hoyos. I'm sure there's a couple of people I'm missing there. In all, I find that most of them are nice down-to-earth people who really appreciate that all these years later people still love their games.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:57 am

Britney, Chris and I have spoken (and also met up) with Lori and Corey Cole a few years back. Their houseguest at the time, Jim Katic, also worked for Sierra at some point. We've also had contact with Josh Mandel and Richard Aronson. (besides being the voices of Graham and Cedric, they were also designers/programmers at Sierra a long time ago) Richard also gave me a clue on the whereabouts of Brian Hughes who was a programmer at Sierra in its heyday and was the one who came up with the idea of the Saurus Repair Shop. I spoke to him on the phone at that point and was able to get his feedback on the easter egg we included in QFG2VGA.

All of them are very nice people. Humble and down-to-earth.

Klytos

#4 Post by Klytos » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:22 pm

Told you. Erpy had much better stories. :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Famous developers... well I exchanged a few emails with Al Lowe about 5 years ago, great guy.

Other than that I think the most famous adventure game developers I've met is Erpy and AGD1 when Deb and I went to Amsterdam to visit them and stayed in Erpys house!! I can say they too were very down to earth, friendly and just generally amazing people!

Klytos

#6 Post by Klytos » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Meeting the team is awesome. I had the opportunity to meet a couple of IA people a few years back. Blackthorne and I got drunk on Canadian beer (because American beer tastes like water with a sprinkling of piss in it) and sang some Rolling Stones songs. True story. Hard to believe I know.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#7 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Klytos wrote:Meeting the team is awesome. I had the opportunity to meet a couple of IA people a few years back. Blackthorne and I got drunk on Canadian beer (because American beer tastes like water with a sprinkling of piss in it) and sang some Rolling Stones songs. True story. Hard to believe I know.
Sounds very cool, bet you guys had a great time, apart from the morning after lol!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:42 pm

Well, I woke up and Klytos wasn't spooning me, so it was off to a good start then!

There is video of this alleged incident.

Bt

Klytos

#9 Post by Klytos » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah, that's around somewhere. I should try and track it down. It's fun.

The morning after was fine, we went sight seeing, bought some DVD's and ate at Hooters where I was hit on my a dead-gorgeous waitress, Holly. "Oh you accent is so sexy!" This was after the meal and tip had been paid, so it was just my natural charms.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#10 Post by gamecreator » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Klytos wrote:ate at Hooters where I was hit on my a dead-gorgeous waitress, Holly. "Oh you accent is so sexy!" This was after the meal and tip had been paid, so it was just my natural charms.
Depends on how much you paid for the, um, "tip." ;)