Free Tales of Monkey Island

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Free Tales of Monkey Island

#1 Post by rugged » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:40 am

TODAY ONLY episode 1 of tales of monkey Island available as a free download. If you are cheap like me and hadn't got round to paying for it then cash for free at http://www.telltalegames.com
Whats more if you already have purchased this then "folks who already have Tales of Monkey Island will get a coupon for a free episode of any other Telltale game" GO TELLTALE!!! This is great

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: Free Tales of Monkey Island

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Thats cool! I actually already bought this on WiiWare. I didn't see how to get a coupon, so I just downloaded it and now have both the Wii and PC versions.

rugged
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by rugged » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice! The email update was a little bit ambigious as it said "if you have already purchase Tales of Monkey Island". So maybe you needed to have paid for the full series

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm guessing it was because I bought it through WiiWare. I never signed up on TellTale's website, so they don't know that I actually already bought it...

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:16 pm

I saw Blackthorne had posted this on his facebook and I made a bunch of my friends download it but I didn't realize I could get a different game for free because I had bought the whole season until the offer was up. Oh well. I'll read more closely next time.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I got the first episode of Sam and Max free (I have the whole season of MI ordered) and had three of my friends download and try it out. My sister liked it enough to buy the Wii version!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 am

I was lucky enough to spot the deal to already-bought TMI customers and snagged the first episode of Sam & Max Season Two. Installing it now..

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 am

I bought Sam and Ma Season 1 and lost a disk which wasn't so bad cause I never really got into it. However I had gotten Strongbad's game episode 1 with my MI preorder and it would have been fun to eventually get them all through various promotions. :lol