vga

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

zangeena
Peasant Status

vga

#1 Post by zangeena » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:53 am

How do I record my Tv onto my Computer with a VGA cable? I have bought the correct cables to do this, hooked them up, but i don't know whats wrong. I hooked my VGA Male cable into my Samsung Tv and had the converted Female end hooked into my hard drive. No new software is showing up. What should i do?
Last edited by zangeena on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

Re: vga

#2 Post by Gronagor » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 am

Hmmm?

Am I understanding correctly? You want to view (and record) your TV on your PC?
The cables you've bought rather sound like ones which will allow you to work your computer on your TV.

For the other way around you'd need a TV card.

But I could be wrong. I'm not up to date with the newer tech.

haradan
Knight Status

Re: vga

#3 Post by haradan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Without seeing your TV, I would bet the VGA connector it has is an INPUT, not an output. Which, as Gronagor said, would allow you to send your computer's signal into the TV, not the other way around.

You need:

A) A TV card, which allows your computer to catch TV signals, then you can record it or output it to a monitor, projector or whatever you like.

or

B) A capture card, which allows you to get any video signal (RGB, composite, supervideo) into your computer. You would also need that your TV has an VIDEO OUT plug, which are not standard in all tvs, but neither are so uncommon.