The Great Purge (some disorganized rambling)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

The Great Purge (some disorganized rambling)

#1 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:42 pm

The last week has been pretty surreal.
After a string of terrible animation jobs, and a stint as a minimum wage slave (that continues to this day) I decided to go back to school. It's been about a week since I've been accepted to Sheridan's Fundamental Arts Program (starting in January) and have since found an apartment, applied for a student loan, put in my notice at work and at my apartment and blah blah blah that's all business as usual for anyone whose spontaneously decided to give up the only city they've ever known to seek a better life across a vast expanse of land.
The weird bit is going through everything I've acquired since I've moved out of my parents house and deciding what's important enough to join me on this trek.
I expected this to be a difficult task (what with being a total pack rat) but the weirdest part thus far has been sorting through all my drawings, ranging from my first year college to things I did yesterday. I can only take a thin folder full of these papers, and I've already sorted through half but it's not easy. Starting at the bottom of the pack I can actually make a time line of the last few years. Seeing it all just laid out in front of me was a bit overwhelming.
Anyway, stumbling across those first Quest for Glory pictures reminded me that I had been neglecting the forum, and I know not a lot of us are still around but I figured I'd let you all know what I was up to in case anyone was bored enough to read it all.
:P
It's okay if no one responds, but if anyone still stops by then I apologize for the period of silence, things have been busy. I'm going to hold on to the two original pictures I posted on these forums, but everything else will be trashed. I know it's silly and sentimental, but it kind of feels like the end of an era. Who knows? Maybe once things have settled back down I'll be able to come back with something bigger and better. Maybe I'll torture you all with fan art from Himalaya's next game. I'll still check in of course, but things are about to get crazy round here.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: The Great Purge (some disorganized rambling)

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey LP, nice to see your still around.

Good luck with the new start, it'll be crazy for awhile until you get settled into your new path!

I've always said the great thing about this place is that when life takes over (which it does very often) it'll still be here when you get back lol.

I've been away for a couple weeks with crazy bad flu (not swine luckily) but great to hear your actually kickstarting your life into somewhere and something you WANT to be doing so as I said, good luck!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Get good grades and party a lot! Try to make a lot of friends, because you don't know which one can become a millionare later. :D

I don't post much these days because I passed the flu last week and now I have to study twice as strong for the ultra big japanese exam next week. :(

haradan
Knight Status

#4 Post by haradan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:08 pm

I don't know about the rest but in my case I can say I don't post very often but I still come and read other's posts frequently (kind of).

Good luck, it's a big step but it's a fantastic one. Enjoy it!

gamecreator
Knight Status

#5 Post by gamecreator » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:I can only take a thin folder full of these papers
Why...? Well, if you insist. But before you trash anything, scan everything in at the highest resolution/best quality possible and save it. Digital space is very very tiny. You can afford it! :)

Best of luck with your new adventures!!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys, it's rough to leave but I do think it'll be worth it. Sorry to hear about the rampant sickness, I got my H1N1 vaccination and it destroyed me for a day. The shot itself was painless enough (until two hours later when my arm decided that lifting itself was to much work and took two days off under extreme protest) but man if I didn't spend my Sunday aching and feverish from it.

As for why it all gets trashed; well, most of it isn't worth keeping anyway. I can't afford to move that much, and my parents will only store one box of things for me. I have to get rid of everything that isn't absolutely necessary. I'm keeping and/or scanning certain things, but I'm a bit of a pack rat and this move is a chance to break those habits.
It's a bit fun to look back at old artwork, but in then end there's no point in paying to cart them to another province.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#7 Post by eriqchang » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 am

Whatever you do, keep your eye on the prize - you are supremely talented and your passion will take you where you were meant to go.