The Traveler - An Interactive Novel

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tye
Royal Servant Status

The Traveler - An Interactive Novel

#1 Post by Tye » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:10 am

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I was last here, and it upsets me a bit to think that I was just another member who gave up activity once the game was released. . . but I pray that changes now!

In the past month, I've been busy creating a online community driven novel called "The Traveler". The Traveler is a robot with a human brain who has crash landed on a strange planet with no memory of who or what he is.
Each week, I release a 4-10 paragraph fragment of the novel. Along with the fragments, a question is proposed to the community regarding that weeks fragment. From there, the community can vote for where the story will go in the next week. For instance, a few weeks ago, The Traveler encountered a gigantic creature, and the community voted for him to try and talk to the Behemoth. This majority vote consequently led to The Traveler having his arm bitten off.

The community has the opportunity to create nearly every single aspect in The Traveler's universe, from plants to animals, technology to history, even characters or planets.

After a year or so, once the story has reached an end, the novel will be published by way of lulu.com (a self publishing website), along with an encyclopedia of all user-created lore.

We are currently on week 5, week 6 will begin on the 8th of December. I encourage all of you to read the story thus far, and join the community forums where you'll be able to vote on where the story will go, create lore, or simply chat with other members.

This project was inspired by Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein", the Cole's School For Heroes, and of course all of the old quest games that we know and love.

EDIT : I guess a link would be helpful...

http://www.travelerstory.com