Torin's Passage (and a few questions)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

Torin's Passage (and a few questions)

#1 Post by Nightfall1121 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 am

Has anyone ever played the Sierra game, "Torin's Passage"? I had always wanted to play it ever since I first saw the promo for it on the SQ6 disc (Hey, I was 11 at the time, and it was aimed at kids.).

So, I found a new copy of the game on Ebay for under $10.00, purchased it, found an installer on the same Sierra Help page, and had no trouble getting the game installed and running.

However, the sound is fairly on the static side. I'm not that surprised, as "King's Quest VII" (a game with a similar visual style) had the same problems from the beginning, at least for me, way back in fourth grade, but that's getting off topic.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for fixing the static in the background? I've tried fiddling with the sound controls to start, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Otherwise, the game runs well so far (I've only done a few things, so it's probably too soon to say.), and I'm looking forward to playing an adventure game that I wanted to play as a child, but never was able to. I never saw it in stores for some reason.

avoozl snot
Royal Servant Status

Re: Torin's Passage (and a few questions)

#2 Post by avoozl snot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 am

my mom bought me that game when i was about 12. i found it a little dorky but enjoyed it.

can't help you though, i never experienced the problem you're having.