Should I make a website and what should it be about

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Should I make a website and what should it be about

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 am

I just found out about Angelfire. So should I make my own site and what should it be about?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Should I make a website and what should it be about

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 am

I've discovered a rule in life that has helped me quite a lot. If you have the resources to create a web page or something else that centers around the necessity of the involvement of others don't do it if you have no point or focus. If you're going to make a webpage, know what it'll be about beforehand. Too many people (me included) have made webpages about nothing at all and there's no point in it. It's not like making music or 3d modeling, those are hobbies. Making a webpage is only good for something if others find it interesting and of use. Nobody's ever made a webpage for just themselves. And if they have it's never gone anywhere.

So if you need to ask what kind of webpage to make and what it should be about that's a sure sign that you shouldn't be making one.