Heavy Rain (First true adventure for PS3

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

Heavy Rain (First true adventure for PS3

#1 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 am

PLot:
Details about the plot of Heavy Rain remain scarce. Director David Cage has stated that Heavy Rain would be "a very dark film noir thriller with mature themes", without any supernatural elements,[15] and that "the real message [of the game] is about how far you're willing to go to save someone you love."[16]

In an interview with Belgian magazine Chief in 2008, David Cage gave a brief overview of Heavy Rain's narrative and ambitions. A translation was then made on Kotaku, which read as follows:

"Heavy Rain is about normal people who have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its [sic] purely about a father's love. The main story will revolve around four different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."[17]

In the same interview, Cage commented on the setting by saying, "I don't want to do a big free-roaming city like GTA, because the flow of the story will then be hard to control. Nevertheless, I do want to incorporate big sets, with a crowd, heavy populated areas like a mall and a subway are going to be in there. Of course, the gameplay has got to make use of that aspect too."

There are four playable characters confirmed— an FBI profiler named Norman Jayden, a retired private detective named Scott Shelby, an architect named Ethan Mars, and a photo journalist named Madison Paige. All playable characters are said to be looking for a serial killer known as "The Origami Killer"
trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFPu0zNj ... re=related
would you pick it up?