Imac exclusive games

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Imac exclusive games

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am

Hey as some of y'all may know I came across an iMac last year and was trying to sell it but unfortunately I failed so...

What good Mac exclusive games are there out there. Also rather or not y'all think it's good or bad what company made Glider for the Mac and where could I buy it most likely.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Imac exclusive games

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 am

while I don't think there are many Imac exclusive games I usualy use mine to play telltale games, The Sims 3 and WoW. I Think you'd need to upgrade to leopard before playing any of those. Most games don't support 10.4

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by crayauchtin » Fri May 07, 2010 6:46 am

I don't think there's any good Mac-exclusive games but... as a Mac user myself, I find that any game that can run on a Mac, should be run on a Mac. :P
There's some ways of getting Windows-only games to run but they're all either too complicated for me to work (I'm a technotard :P) or involve having a disc for Windows (which my bro keeps saying he'll lend me and so far hasn't...) But I'm pretty sure you need Leopard at least, but I highly recommend Snow Leopard.

Anyways, The Sims 3 looks fun. WoW is great. Diablo 3 should be available for both.... there's some websites that have a lot, I'll see if I can find some links for you! :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon May 10, 2010 9:15 am

crayauchtin wrote:I don't think there's any good Mac-exclusive games but... as a Mac user myself, I find that any game that can run on a Mac, should be run on a Mac. :P
There's some ways of getting Windows-only games to run but they're all either too complicated for me to work (I'm a technotard :P) or involve having a disc for Windows (which my bro keeps saying he'll lend me and so far hasn't...) But I'm pretty sure you need Leopard at least, but I highly recommend Snow Leopard.

Anyways, The Sims 3 looks fun. WoW is great. Diablo 3 should be available for both.... there's some websites that have a lot, I'll see if I can find some links for you! :)
Every Blizzard product is dual formatted, EA is going the same direction and Steam is porting over sometime this month. For anything old or retro you can get Windows to run if you're really hassled by it. Leopard is easiest to run bootcamp on but it's doable on any machine. I also have it on pretty good authority that KQ3 is coming to mac eventually so you can get your retro in that way.